+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Permanently' importing car into Canada after PR

Dev0007

Jul 19, 2020
Hello everyone,

Can someone please share the process of permanently exporting used Car from US to Canada (Vancouver, BC). Please also share you experience of doing the same. I am non-us citizen and planning to move to Canada.

Thanks

Aggie88

Apr 24, 2019
Hi

I moved to Canada (Toronto) from US on work permit in 2019 and temporarily imported my US car.
I formally exported my US car to Canada (export formalities were done at US border).
Submitted Form 1 at Canadian border and imported the car.
Got the inspection done at Canadian tire and registered the car. Got Ontario plate. They retained the US original title before issuing ON plate.
Received the ' no pending recalls' certificate from Honda US in 2019.

Now, my PR is approved and received COPR.
What are the next steps in registering the car with RIV? I called RIV but they are asking e to get Form 1 etc again. So I am bit confused.

If someone with similar scenario have completed the RIV formalities, your inputs/ guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

How can one obtain a ' no pending recalls' certificate from American Honda? Is there a number or email to contact them for this?

jackie42

Mar 29, 2023
Me as well. We've had a car from the US her for the past few years, with US plates and insurance (all of which is legal under the class of permits we have.)

We received PR a few weeks back but are now wondering what to do.
What class of permits is that?