+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Visa

sakshi2982

Oct 30, 2007
Hi,

I have a Work Permit upto 2009 regarding a particular employer. I am currently working in canada- calgary.
I want to quit the job and apply for other jobs here. Am i allowed to do that? what do i need to do to work for a new employer?

Also, I want to apply for a Permanent Resident Visa. What are the pre-requisites for this. Do i need to work here for atleast one year to be eligible to apply for Permanent resident visa?

Thanks,
sakshi

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sakshi2982 said:
Hi,

I have a Work Permit upto 2009 regarding a particular employer. I am currently working in canada- calgary.
I want to quit the job and apply for other jobs here. Am i allowed to do that? what do i need to do to work for a new employer?

Also, I want to apply for a Permanent Resident Visa. What are the pre-requisites for this. Do i need to work here for atleast one year to be eligible to apply for Permanent resident visa?

Thanks,
sakshi

1. If you quit, you cannot work for another employer, until that employer gets a new LMO (if required) and you receive a new work permit from Vegreville.
2. If you were admitted to Canada for 1 year (from your post) you are able to either apply to Buffalo or to the office serving your normal residence. Note, if you apply to Buffalo and don't have a US visa, you will not be able to attend an interview, if required, which usually results in refusal.
3. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

PMM

sakshi2982

Oct 30, 2007
Hi,

Am i allowed to stay in canada till i find a new employer? Also, Can i have multiple employers in my Work permit? If i get a chance to work part time in one company and work part time some where else? If possible, What do i have to do for this?

Thanks,
sakshi

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sakshi2982 said:
Hi,

Am i allowed to stay in canada till i find a new employer? Also, Can i have multiple employers in my Work permit? If i get a chance to work part time in one company and work part time some where else? If possible, What do i have to do for this?

Thanks,
sakshi
1. 1 employer only, no part time.
2. You are allowed to remain until the date on your admission, which you said was 2009.

PMM