+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident travel document

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi ,

I have applied for PRTD from India and I have received the passport submission request. What is next step to send the passport ? I have send email to PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com but not received any reply. Can anyone advice what are steps followed to submit the passport to VFS?

rj0786

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
I think you can apply again. This is what I was thinking. Mine is still valid until October 2021. But I'm not sure I can travel now due to the new travel restrictions. If my PRTD gets expired and I need to travel again, I don't have any choice but to apply again because I haven't renewed my PR card yet
Anyone have any idea how ling does it take to get PRTD ?

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
I got coPR last week and I need to travel outside Canada for 2 weeks (I already applied for PR card but it's gonna take a few months to get it as per the current timeline). Can I request PTRD to be able to come back to Canada? How long does it take to get the PTRD?

Laiba.r

Jan 18, 2021
P
I got coPR last week and I need to travel outside Canada for 2 weeks (I already applied for PR card but it's gonna take a few months to get it as per the current timeline). Can I request PTRD to be able to come back to Canada? How long does it take to get the PTRD?
prtd takes couple of months too. If you want to go back soon then apply as soon as possible

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi, please can anyone help with my questions. A friend's dad applied for his refugee status and got his residency once was approved he sponsored his children and wife.
I heard the dad cannot return to his home country even after getting residency.

1. Can dad return to his home country?
2. What about the children are they allowed to return to their home country to after getting their residency?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, please can anyone help with my questions. A friend's dad applied for his refugee status and got his residency once was approved he sponsored his children and wife.
I heard the dad cannot return to his home country even after getting residency.

1. Can dad return to his home country?
2. What about the children are they allowed to return to their home country to after getting their residency?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
They would have to ask the home country if they allow them to enter.

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
For those that have renewed RTD with PR card, what's the appropriate to fill in the column SECTION 3: Proof of Immigration Status in Canada as the Document Number when option PR card is chosen? I have seen different opinion from people stating it is the UCI #,CoPR #, and the Alphanumeric at the back of PR card, so I'm kind of confused a little bit.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
They would have to ask the home country if they allow them to enter.
Oh okay thanks. Yes I also advised same but to think of it the country have any issue allowing their citizens to reenter. My doubts is with canada revoking the residency or questioning their moves. Cos it says on their website not to visit, use their passport or make a new one.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh okay thanks. Yes I also advised same but to think of it the country have any issue allowing their citizens to reenter. My doubts is with canada revoking the residency or questioning their moves. Cos it says on their website not to visit, use their passport or make a new one.
Upon returning to home country, won't he worry about being locked up by local enforcement? After all, this was the country he fleed.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There is potentially an issue but I don't know if it applies to PRs - you might try the refugee/asylum forum. But you should be careful and check before visiting there.

The short form: if a refugee travels back to or 'avails oneself of the protection of' the home country (the latter being a term that can mean applying for and getting a passport from the home country), it implies there is no grounds for refugee protection. (If you flee the country and then go back, for example ... do you [still] deserve refugee status? If it was safe enough to go back...)

This was apparently something the Harper government was more aggressive about. I don't know about the current situation, just seen references.

Warning: I do NOT know this subject well. I do NOT know if it applies to this situation. I do NOT know if it's still as serious an issue.

Just flagging that it hypothetically could be and should be looked into carefully.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Upon returning to home country, won't he worry about being locked up by local enforcement? After all, this was the country he fleed.
As for the home country/local government I do not think it's an issue because there are some colleagues I know who did go and return home. I belive the main issue is from the Canadian Boarder Control and how they judge cases.
Their plan was to go check on certain assets they had purchased back home.
Thanks for your comments though was really helpful.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
There is potentially an issue but I don't know if it applies to PRs - you might try the refugee/asylum forum. But you should be careful and check before visiting there.

The short form: if a refugee travels back to or 'avails oneself of the protection of' the home country (the latter being a term that can mean applying for and getting a passport from the home country), it implies there is no grounds for refugee protection. (If you flee the country and then go back, for example ... do you [still] deserve refugee status? If it was safe enough to go back...)

This was apparently something the Harper government was more aggressive about. I don't know about the current situation, just seen references.

Warning: I do NOT know this subject well. I do NOT know if it applies to this situation. I do NOT know if it's still as serious an issue.

Just flagging that it hypothetically could be and should be looked into carefully.
Yup I got u big time. That's exactly what I had advised and just wanted to know if there is any other info I do not know about from this forum. Using PR to return home is js a confusing topic if u try to understand certain info's. Not everything is clear enough to make a move. So best becareful. Thanks for your comments to. Stay blessed

Reactions: armoured

logitec9800

Feb 4, 2020
Good day all,

I have received my CORP on April 7, 2021, mentioned that I need to submit photo by mail. Until now I haven't receive my PR card. I have booked flight ticket to go outside Canada for 1 week end of August and still didn't receive the card. Is there anyone have the similar case can please advise? I did not expect the processing time could take that long.....

Thank you