+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident travel document

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hi, is there easy to ask for extension for PRTD with multiple entries, because in normal cases it is about up to 6 months only and with single entry, and you know on the case i cannot travel within the 6 months can i ask for extra 6 months
Hello, I am not sure if you can request for extension for PRTD. When I submitted my PRTD application I stated in my cover letter that I would like to request for multiple entries since I'm accompanying my husband outside Canada and I'm not yet planning to stay in Canada anytime soon. Maybe you can call them.

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I didn’t ask for multiple entries, but they gave me multiple entries valid for one year on my PRTD.
I mean this usual that is one for 1 year and with multiple entries, because i know that the mandatory on e is up to 6 month and with a single entry

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello, I am not sure if you can request for extension for PRTD. When I submitted my PRTD application I stated in my cover letter that I would like to request for multiple entries since I'm accompanying my husband outside Canada and I'm not yet planning to stay in Canada anytime soon. Maybe you can call them.
ok thanks

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
I didn’t ask for multiple entries, but they gave me multiple entries valid for one year on my PRTD.
Hi gill_vinny, after getting the multiple PRTD, did u apply again for a second time?

im just curious incase my PrTd expires in October and I need to travel back to Canada , I'd like to know if I can apply again. Thank you.

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi gill_vinny, after getting the multiple PRTD, did u apply again for a second time?

im just curious incase my PrTd expires in October and I need to travel back to Canada , I'd like to know if I can apply again. Thank you.
does it make difference from the office that you applied from it

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hi, is there easy to ask for extension for PRTD with multiple entries, because in normal cases it is about up to 6 months only and with single entry, and you know on the case i cannot travel within the 6 months can i ask for extra 6 months
Maybe u need to apply again.

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
it is normal to apply a second time if you did not use your first PRTD
I think you can apply again. This is what I was thinking. Mine is still valid until October 2021. But I'm not sure I can travel now due to the new travel restrictions. If my PRTD gets expired and I need to travel again, I don't have any choice but to apply again because I haven't renewed my PR card yet

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I think you can apply again. This is what I was thinking. Mine is still valid until October 2021. But I'm not sure I can travel now due to the new travel restrictions. If my PRTD gets expired and I need to travel again, I don't have any choice but to apply again because I haven't renewed my PR card yet
ok thanks,

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I mean this usual that is one for 1 year and with multiple entries, because i know that the mandatory on e is up to 6 month and with a single entry

you take multiple entries according to the Covid status now

rj0786

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hey guys can anyone tell me how long PRTD will take because i came india without my PR card cz it was taking to long
I have return flight after 7 weeks

rj0786

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi,
I applied for a PRTD and I received for passport submission after about one week. I have submitted my passport but haven't received it yet (only been about 3 days)
Yes you can apply via email. Scan the passport and photos and attach as pdfs along with the email.
Return ticket is not mandatory while applying for PRTD. It does NOT however affect the processing times.
Did you get PRTD?