+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Travel Document

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by mmakshay67, Sep 25, 2019.

  1. Hello,

    I have entered Canada and am waiting for my PR but it is gonna take a few weeks and my CoPR has expired. I am thinking of going back to my home country and apply for a PR travel document to re enter. is that possible or do they issue the PR travel document for valid and emergent cases. And is it safer for me to wait for my card and then leave.

  2. Others can comment but as well but sure you can travel home and apply for a PRTD something that newcomers often do when they do a soft landing for example and cannot wait for their PR card. Be aware there is no published processing time for PRTDs so depending on when you plan to return to Canada keep that in mind for when you apply for one.

    Assume you may be having your card mailed to a friend or relatives address if so why not get them to courier it to you in your home country ?

    Of course there is always the backup if you have a US visa to head for a US/Canada land border with just your COPR but that is a hassle
  3. I dont understand what you have written. You say your CoPR has expired?? When you landed in Canada, did you definitely declare PR using your CoPR and you are now just waiting on your Permanent Residents Card? I hope that is what you mean.
  4. No worries, go to home country and apply for prtd. Prtd is a sure shot thing if you are within residency obligations. Only thing is it can take 1 to 3 months. Check immitracker for recent timelines and make sure to plan your travel accordingly
  5. Hello

    I want to move from USA to Canada

    Murtaza Ahmad

Share This Page