+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
I just received my card in the mail today! The design is slightly different from my old card. The photo is much bigger, maybe that's why they have been strict about photo requirements. Another new thing is that they sent me a "travel journal" for me to keep track of my travel dates for citizenship application. I will probably apply for citizenship next year, so hopefully I won't have to apply for a PRC again. Thank you again everyone on this thread. You have kept me sane in the last few months.
Was it in regular mail or did you have to sign for it?

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
No. How about you?
hi ultraman, any updates? none yet from my end. I had been in the production status for 6wks till I received a photo retake email. looks like all outputs are system generated so they linger for 6 weeks and push out automated requests. the call centres do not seem very reliable if issues arise until their system updates. they will just relay what ever is in the their system. how long has your card been in production status? if close to 6 wks than I would expect an email exactly at the 6wk mark.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my timeline. I just received AOR this morning and when i logged in to check the status it already says "decision made". When I click on the "decision made" link, it says "we started processing your application on November 30". So I'm assuming it's been approved and is waiting to be sent to production?
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 30, 2018.
Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly now that Canada Post as been forced to return to work.

Sending prayers for a speedy process to everyone still waiting to get their AOR.
Did you ask for urgent processing?

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Has any one got a photo retake request lately? If so please advise on the timeline you were given. The call center advised that they are currently processing photo retakes before October 12, 2018. I was also advise that there is a significant backlog in processing photo retakes. I want to find out if anyone else is receiving the same response.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
My spouse Pr card was mail on Dec 03.It took 78 days for whole process to complete that’s the best record we had hopefully we receive the card by the end of the week.There was a few mistake We made, I thought for sure they would return the application but I guess it’s depends on the agent.goodluck everyone still waiting.

Lorinamisca

Nov 21, 2018
I finally have news for mine.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 5, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2018.
I really hope everything goes well and finally have my card in January

JulyApp

Dec 14, 2017
Any August applicants who still waiting for PR card??

Here is my timeline I think mine is so slow...

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 30, 2018.

SarahSh

Oct 2, 2013
Hello,

I sent my application on September 25th and here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 27, 2018.
My application isn't a usual one, but on Monday Dec. 3rd, the status changed to Decision Made.

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 30, 2018.
May I ask what’s your application status????

Vera2018

Nov 28, 2018

We are almost the same. They started to process my case on 31 October. It still DM now, and I called the centre. They told me there was a mistake on the PR card produced, and it was returned to the factory for reproduction. It may take another four weeks...

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
We are almost the same. They started to process my case on 31 October. It still DM now, and I called the centre. They told me there was a mistake on the PR card produced, and it was returned to the factory for reproduction. It may take another four weeks...
hi Vera I had the same responses u got. DM Oct 10 was advised of production error. exactly 6wks later got email for photo retakes. I would inquire via web form if photo retakes are required. I would add 42days/ 6wks from Oct 30 to expect an email. there have been issues with production during October. keep us posted

JulyApp

Dec 14, 2017
You mean that you can see the DM on ECAS.
But I cannot see it. Can you share your timeline for me?