App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I hope you get it soon as you applied in June .
But I applied in September so they may take more months
Keeping fingers crossed that our applications will be processed soon.

edwincca

Oct 12, 2018
Hello, to the people that applied urgently, I made a mistake and we sent a family application with my husband urgently application (one envelope), we included all documents and a letter asking for fast processing just for him, but we didn't do anything in the envelope to mark it Urgent. We applied Oct 1 and he hasn't receive any notification.. I assume they are not checking his docs, CAn somebody explain how to expedite his process.. Do I need to send a new application.. We didn't know it will take to long to check the envelopes. Thanks
if you did not write "urgent" on the envelope. They cannot know it is urgent until the envelope is opened which can be another month of waiting. You can send another urgent app now but it will also take about a month before they can process it. So, maybe you should just check the on-line status page regularly to see if they have opened your envelope. Once they do you can send a case-specific enqury on-line.

Reactions: yanesrahn

kamil123

Aug 29, 2018
You can send web enquiry by giving the details like when the applications n reached(check with courier or postal).

They will definetly act on it. Or else just send an enquiry asking what to do.

You can also call call centre and find out.
Thanks for the replay. If I send a new application what is going to happen with the other, do I have to pay again, do i have to send a separate application for my husband and other for the rest of the family..
I think I mess it up don't add Urgent Processing
Yanserahn you probably need to send new application with urgent written on envelope or call IRCC call center they will tell you what to do next.

Mustafacan
I had used web inquiry on Aug 27 and i send my application on Aug 13. I wanted to add something in my PR renewal application and they replied this after 2 weeks.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.
However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before June 19th, 2018.
We invite you to verify the processing times on the IRCC website and contact us using the IRCC Web form if they have passed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

then i called IRCC and they told me to send documents and write urgent on envelope and I did.
I got AOR on OCT 30th and my application is in DM now.

used web portal when application is showing on e-case.

Reactions: yanesrahn

Compro

Oct 10, 2018
hi compro I believe the cards are produced in Ottawa so am presuming that they mailed directly from there. rotating strikes are impacting deliveries expect packages too take at least a week longer than nomal.
Hi Omg123, Candoit and Mustafacan:
We finally got the cards today (10th day in transit due to Canada Post strike). They were sent from Syndney NS, btw. Thanks to you guys for making the long wait a little less unbearable and I am wishing you all the best!

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Omg123, Candoit and Mustafacan:
We finally got the cards today (10th day in transit due to Canada Post strike). They were sent from Syndney NS, btw. Thanks to you guys for making the long wait a little less unbearable and I am wishing you all the best!
thanks compro sincerely happy for you. have a great weekend:) mustafacan we are still hanging in there. called today expect another couple of weeks..and yes the wait continues..

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My wife got her PR card in the mail yesterday. It took just a touch over 3 months from the date of the application to when she got her card in the mail.

During that time, she became a Canadian citizen so the card is basically invalid on arrival. Now we are looking to mail it back to IRCC!

Julie_jsa

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone! This is my timeline for PR renewal.
I applied for my PR card on July 13, 2018

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 12, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 30, 2018.
Finally, I got my card yesterday. Good luck!

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
My wife got her PR card in the mail yesterday. It took just a touch over 3 months from the date of the application to when she got her card in the mail.

During that time, she became a Canadian citizen so the card is basically invalid on arrival. Now we are looking to mail it back to IRCC!
How long after she applied did she get her AOR? I sent my application Aug. 20th and still haven’t gotten any kind of notification.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
How long after she applied did she get her AOR? I sent my application Aug. 20th and still haven’t gotten any kind of notification.
It took well over 2 months before anything showed up on eCAS. Maybe 2.5 months, can't remember the exact date. Basically once it showed up in eCAS, everything moved quickly.

Note that she never officially received any kind of AOR. Only eCAS updates when we checked online.

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
You'll probably hear something late next week or early the week after.

The only way to deal with it is to forget about your application for a few weeks. It will happen the way it happens regardless of whether you worry about it or not. Worrying does not speed up your application, so why bother?

Now, if you have a flight booked in early to mid December, you might want to consider delaying it as it's improbable your PR card will arrive on time.

Even when you get your AoR, it takes approximately a week to get Decision made and then two weeks for the card to be produced and sent out to you. That's if things go as normal and without any disruption from Canada Post. Take that additional 3 weeks - 1 month into account.

Most early Aug applications got an AoR around Oct 24-30, so you'll probably get yours Nov ~20. Once you see your application in the system you'll relax because things move fast.

Good luck.

wuw8sgh

Oct 21, 2018
Hello everyone! This is my timeline for PR renewal.
I applied for my PR card on July 13, 2018

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 12, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 30, 2018.
Finally, I got my card yesterday. Good luck!
Hello, which city are you in?

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
It took well over 2 months before anything showed up on eCAS. Maybe 2.5 months, can't remember the exact date. Basically once it showed up in eCAS, everything moved quickly.

Note that she never officially received any kind of AOR. Only eCAS updates when we checked online.
Thank you for your reply.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
You'll probably hear something late next week or early the week after.

The only way to deal with it is to forget about your application for a few weeks. It will happen the way it happens regardless of whether you worry about it or not. Worrying does not speed up your application, so why bother?

Now, if you have a flight booked in early to mid December, you might want to consider delaying it as it's improbable your PR card will arrive on time.

Even when you get your AoR, it takes approximately a week to get Decision made and then two weeks for the card to be produced and sent out to you. That's if things go as normal and without any disruption from Canada Post. Take that additional 3 weeks - 1 month into account.

Most early Aug applications got an AoR around Oct 24-30, so you'll probably get yours Nov ~20. Once you see your application in the system you'll relax because things move fast.

Good luck.
Thank you, your response was quite informative.

You’re right about the worrying thing but I have a flight booked for the 18th ( hoping that would be considered more of a late December? Lol)

Yes once it’s in the system I will feel much better. I just need to make sure everything is ok with the application. I worry that I missed something or didn’t fill it out right (I think I have let my nerves get the best of me)

bps123

Nov 10, 2018
I am in US , I am not able to reach this number

Hi,
Here is my situation,
Application submitted on 30th July
Passport copy was requested along with other docs on Sep 30th- sent after 2 days
We asked them to expedite , then we received email to send web application, we filled in web application 1st week of Oct.

My concern is do they consider the application as new application and it will take another 3-4 months.
My husband tried to call them and was told it will be considered as new application

Online status is never updated so far.
Looks like we made a mistake asking them to expedite the application

when do you think we can expect our card

bps123

Nov 10, 2018
Hello Sir/Mam, quick question what documents they requested?? Because whenever they request documents that means that PR is going to go for secondary renewal but you got decision in one month....and about an year ago it took 6-12 months for renewal candidates...... that’s unbelievable.....
not necessarily, I believe they will let you know they requested passport from me and other docs bez they were not readable.