+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
This is great news, Candoit! Our PR cards were mailed on Oct 31 (9 days in the mail to date) and we have not received them yet! Do you mind telling me your city? We are in Etobicoke, btw. <Sigh>
happy for you candoit. that's great news. compro your wait should be over soon.

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
This is great news, Candoit! Our PR cards were mailed on Oct 31 (9 days in the mail to date) and we have not received them yet! Do you mind telling me your city? We are in Etobicoke, btw. <Sigh>
I live in Vancouver and I am surprised to have received the card within a week (considering the location and Canada Post strike)

Compro

Oct 10, 2018
happy for you candoit. that's great news. compro your wait should be over soon.
Hi again Omg123, is yours still in that unbelievable production line? Thanks and I am also hoping you get yours very soon. Who knows, mailing to your place after card gets done may even be faster than the time our PR card will take to travel from Sydney to here? Cards have been in Canada Post's striking hands for 9 days now and counting. Take care.

Last edited:

Compro

Oct 10, 2018
I live in Vancouver and I am surprised to have received the card within a week (considering the location and Canada Post strike)
Thanks for the info. Did your PR card travel from Sydey to Vancouver? Or do they print those cards from another city, you think? I cannot believe you got yours sooner that we did. But I am of course happy for you. <Sigh>

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I just sent application on Sep 05 for PR Card renewal without tracking number so don’t have any update . So I have no idea what my application is up to and haven’t received any AOR since September.
Anybody from September month who has or hasn’t got any update ?? :(
Same here. I had initially mailed my application on June 9th & my application was returned on September 10th due to incorrect photo specifications. I resubmitted my application with the correct photos & it was received by IRCC on Sept 15th (I came to know this via mail tracker). It has been nearly two months now. I expect to hear an update for Sept applicants by December. Keeping fingers crossed.

Ikninder

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Same here. I had initially mailed my application on June 9th & my application was returned on September 10th due to incorrect photo specifications. I resubmitted my application with the correct photos & it was received by IRCC on Sept 15th (I came to know this via mail tracker). It has been nearly two months now. I expect to hear an update for Sept applicants by December. Keeping fingers crossed.
I hope you get it soon as you applied in June .
But I applied in September so they may take more months

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Hello, to the people that applied urgently, I made a mistake and we sent a family application with my husband urgently application (one envelope), we included all documents and a letter asking for fast processing just for him, but we didn't do anything in the envelope to mark it Urgent. We applied Oct 1 and he hasn't receive any notification.. I assume they are not checking his docs, CAn somebody explain how to expedite his process.. Do I need to send a new application.. We didn't know it will take to long to check the envelopes. Thanks

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi again Omg123, is yours still in that unbelievable production line? Thanks and I am also hoping you get yours very soon. Who knows, mailing to your place after card gets done may even be faster than the time our PR card will take to travel from Sydney to here? Cards have been in Canada Post's striking hands for 9 days now and counting. Take care.
hi compro I believe the cards are produced in Ottawa so am presuming that they mailed directly from there. rotating strikes are impacting deliveries expect packages too take at least a week longer than nomal.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hello, to the people that applied urgently, I made a mistake and we sent a family application with my husband urgently application (one envelope), we included all documents and a letter asking for fast processing just for him, but we didn't do anything in the envelope to mark it Urgent. We applied Oct 1 and he hasn't receive any notification.. I assume they are not checking his docs, CAn somebody explain how to expedite his process.. Do I need to send a new application.. We didn't know it will take to long to check the envelopes. Thanks
From my understanding if you didn’t write urgent on the envelope they won’t process it in an urgent basis. You may want to send another one.

Reactions: yanesrahn

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Use web enquiry for urgent processing. No need to send new application. Select Request Urgent processing option from drop down menu.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Use web enquiry for urgent processing. No need to send new application. Select Request Urgent processing option from drop down menu.
You can only use the web enquiry if your application is already in process. Seeing as that application was sent out in October I don’t think it has even been opened yet.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Thanks for the replay. If I send a new application what is going to happen with the other, do I have to pay again, do i have to send a separate application for my husband and other for the rest of the family..
I think I mess it up don't add Urgent Processing

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for the replay. If I send a new application what is going to happen with the other, do I have to pay again, do i have to send a separate application for my husband and other for the rest of the family..
I think I mess it up don't add Urgent Processing
No you don’t have to pay again. Just print out the receipt of the original one.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
You can only use the web enquiry if your application is already in process. Seeing as that application was sent out in October I don’t think it has even been opened yet.
You can send web enquiry by giving the details like when the applications n reached(check with courier or postal).

They will definetly act on it. Or else just send an enquiry asking what to do.

You can also call call centre and find out.