+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Glazersha

Sep 12, 2018
Goodmorning!!
Permanent Residence card was sent by mail on October 17, 2018.

ecas status COMPLETE.

Goodluck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: oranpier

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
My point exactly why they can’t open the application within a month after receiving to check if it’s complete and take 2 months to process so if there’s a mistake you don’t have to wait 4 months to find out.
They should either change the term "processing time" to "application pick up time" or give an accurate time for how long it takes to process an application up to the day the card gets sent out. (you know, actual processing).

I suspect they don't do the former or latter because the time it takes them to "process" (i.e. open a letter) for a renewal application is well beyond any other international standards for this sort of thing.

The simplest solution is to employ ten members of staff who's only job is to open new applications, check them for completion, send out an AoR and file them in receiving order. That way, in a few days you would know if your pictures were wrong or if anything else was wrong, not four months in.

edwincca

Oct 12, 2018
They should either change the term "processing time" to "application pick up time" or give an accurate time for how long it takes to process an application up to the day the card gets sent out. (you know, actual processing).

I suspect they don't do the former or latter because the time it takes them to "process" (i.e. open a letter) for a renewal application is well beyond any other international standards for this sort of thing.

The simplest solution is to employ ten members of staff who's only job is to open new applications, check them for completion, send out an AoR and file them in receiving order. That way, in a few days you would know if your pictures were wrong or if anything else was wrong, not four months in.
they should make it an on-line application. it only takes a month to get a VISA to enter the country but take 4 months for the resident to get a PR renew

Reactions: ash309

late

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Can any body tell me, if my application is returned back due to bad photograph, do they update that information in my account?

Mary1976

Oct 1, 2018
Congrats. I am sitting at DM since October 11ni update since. hoping for the best.
I believe it’s not late in your case. I had been decision made since Oct 4th.
Maybe just a few more days before you see status Complete.
Good luck!

Reactions: op1

JC_Calgary

Oct 5, 2018
Here is my timeline: this is a re-submission of my initial PR card renew which delivered to CIC on May 24th, my package was opened on August 27th, I dated my application wrong, got the full package returned in early Sept, resent it with the correct date with an airplane ticket travel on Oct 25th. And when I called CIC, the agent told me "Your card has sent to production on Oct 4th":
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 4, 2018. (Decision Made)
  3. We started processing your application on October 4, 2018. (Card was produced on Oct 10th)
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 12, 2018. (Complete)
  5. Received my card in Calgary on Oct 17th.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Last edited:

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
So processing time went from 86 to 79 then up up to 109 days.

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
Are these guys just incompetent or what? It was 97 days, then 86 and 79 and now it's back to 109 days? Good lord. I understand there was a brief Thanksgiving period in between but surely opening an envelope and sending an e-mail out isn't brain surgery.

Can you tell I'm a little frustrated? (App sent July 27th and heard NOTHING since, nothing on ECAS).

Last edited:

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Are these guys just incompetent or what? It was 97 days, then 86 and 79 and now it's back to 109 days? Good lord. I understand there was a brief Thanksgiving period in between but surely opening an envelope and sending an e-mail out isn't brain surgery.

Can you tell I'm a little frustrated? (App sent July 27th and heard NOTHING since, nothing on ECAS).
I send my spouse application in September and we were planning on traveling in December. I was so happy when it went down to 79 days It gave me hope now I am hopeless so I understand your frustration and you applied in July.

kamil123

Aug 29, 2018
i think this 109 days timeline for those people who haven't apply yet. as i applied in Aug at that time processing time was 97 days so i think i will get my PR around 97 days.

and I have seen some members who applied in mid July got AOR so i am hoping by the end of this month they will be handling August applications

on CIC website i found this regarding processing time
Why did processing times information change?
In July 2018, we changed the way we show processing times for some permanent resident applications who haven’t applied yet. These new processing times are an estimate of how long we expect most applications will take to process under normal circumstances.

These times are based on the number of current applications waiting to be processed and how quickly we expect to process them. They are more accurate for new or recent applicants.

Last edited:

JulyApp

Dec 14, 2017
Hi~ guys.
I think I am in trouble.
I sent my PR card renewal all documents on Aug 15.
And then I haven't gotten anything from them.
No email, and no return mail.
What problem to me??? Anyone have some ideas???