+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

bardisy

Jan 9, 2018
Today they tell me it's not in treatment at all....
So yesterday the agent lied to me!? Why?

The agent tells me that he can't send an other request to sydney before 3 months (!!!) if we don't have news after the request of last friday....

112 days No AOR
I called them today as well .. the agent told me he can’t send any requests before August 22 until then I’m in the regular processing times !!

So I’ll wait 7 more days !!

Today I’m 106 No AOR.

Sev_

Sep 18, 2011
I called them today as well .. the agent told me he can’t send any requests before August 22 until then I’m in the regular processing times !!

Today I’m 106 No AOR.
You should recall them. The regular processing time is 98 days as written in their website.

I will recall them this afternoon.

Sev_

Sep 18, 2011
ok I recalled them.

I talked to a different agent.

she told me that 98 days is not the regular processing time presently. She refuses to tell me the actual processing time.
She told me my application is not in process. Still in the queue. Not started at all.
She asks me not to recall them before few weeks !

They changed completly their speech today. I talked to 2 different agents.

Sev_

Sep 18, 2011

Today I’m 106 No AOR.
Maybe they tell you that because in the automatic phone system the message is : they are processing the files received before the 29 April. Maybe that's why they refuse to send a request before next week.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think you guys need to a bit more patient. Calling daily is a bit unreasonable. The processing time is now something like 33 months when it was 18 months 2 years ago so the whole process will be longer. Remember posted wait times are just approximations and may have changed. The agents can only do so much and only have basic information.

Sev_

Sep 18, 2011
Think you guys need to a bit more patient. Calling daily is a bit unreasonable. The processing time is now something like 33 months when it was 18 months 2 years ago so the whole process will be longer. Remember posted wait times are just approximations and may have changed. The agents can only do so much and only have basic information.
Sorry to bother you.

I don't think we talk about the same process... 33 months? 18 months? for renewing permanent card ?

8 months ago I bought 2 tickets of plane. for the end of next week
whole story: I sent a file 8 months ago and...they lose it. I send the applications with AOR but they can't find it. They asked me to reapply... I did it immediatly with a copy of my reservation, the proof of delivery of my previous file and a letter with all the story. Ask for urgent treatment: Rejected apparently... I have only 25 days in France and 4 days in usa the past 5 years.

1st process (4 months): called them 3 times... final response we can't find it. Reapply. Don't worry you will have it on time... that what they told me.

2nd process (almost 4 months and no aor): called them 6 times :
end of july yes we have your file... you will be in treatment in the next 2 weeks.
August 10 th Request sent to sydney. they ask me to recall monday or tuesday
Monday: they ask me te recall tuesday
tuesday they told me they start processing my application.
Today 1st agent told me it's not in process at all. So yes I recalled them to talk to a 2nd agent because I was shocked and I want to be sure.

So a total of 8 calls in 8 months but each time always after 3 months of waiting with nothing.....

5 years ago I was with the boat of the forgotten of Buffallo.
So yes I hate all my experiences with them and yes I am a bit unreasonable even if I just follow what they asked me at the exception of today because they lie to me yesterday.

I read all the discussions in this forum (and in the forum of 2017 applications talking about 2018 too)..
I don't see a lot of people with 112 days and no AOR even at the worst processing time written in their website.

Good luck everybody I will not post anything here in the future. Just the final processing time at the end.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry to bother you.

I don't think we talk about the same process... 33 months? 18 months? for renewing permanent card ?

8 months ago I bought 2 tickets of plane. for the end of next week
whole story: I sent a file 8 months ago and...they lose it. I send the applications with AOR but they can't find it. They asked me to reapply... I did it immediatly with a copy of my reservation, the proof of delivery of my previous file and a letter with all the story. Ask for urgent treatment: Rejected apparently... I have only 25 days in France and 4 days in usa the past 5 years.

1st process (4 months): called them 3 times... final response we can't find it. Reapply. Don't worry you will have it on time... that what they told me.

2nd process (almost 4 months and no aor): called them 6 times :
end of july yes we have your file... you will be in treatment in the next 2 weeks.
August 10 th Request sent to sydney. they ask me to recall monday or tuesday
Monday: they ask me te recall tuesday
tuesday they told me they start processing my application.
Today 1st agent told me it's not in process at all. So yes I recalled them to talk to a 2nd agent because I was shocked and I want to be sure.

So a total of 8 calls in 8 months but each time always after 3 months of waiting with nothing.....

5 years ago I was with the boat of the forgotten of Buffallo.
So yes I hate all my experiences with them and yes I am a bit unreasonable even if I just follow what they asked me at the exception of today because they lie to me yesterday.

I read all the discussions in this forum (and in the forum of 2017 applications talking about 2018 too)..
I don't see a lot of people with 112 days and no AOR even at the worst processing time written in their website.

Good luck everybody I will not post anything here in the future. Just the final processing time at the end.
Sorry the comment was meant for refugees seeking PR. sorry.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
What's AOR for?

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt.

It means your application has been received by the visa post. Once you get it, you also get a file #. Then you have to wait for further instructions from the visa post (medical, decision, interview etc).

I do received email from IRCC saying they had received my application package, but where is the file number??? The email says when should I contact them and if I need to check status of my case, use 8 digit UCI (which is on my PR card) on the website.

Last edited:

Stacey611

Aug 16, 2018
Hello, please help! I am a canadian Citizen and my husband is applying for his Canadian Perm Res. We have all the paper work ready and going to send in application. We are at the notorizing of documents stage. My question is after we notorize all the documents, is there a process we must do to authenticate the notorizing? asking because I don't want to just notorize and send in if they are going to send back asking for authentication. I can see no where in the checklist or the guides that states this. We have checked the country specific requirements for South Africa (he's south african) and there is nothing there that says anything like this required. Please help, many thanks in advance

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
So I sent my application for Citizenship a month an a half after I sent my request for a new PR card. I got the AOR for citizenship today!
I know it’s 2 different processes but makes me think why is it that an AOR for a card renewal takes longer? o_O

WRobert

Jul 24, 2018
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2018.
It shows decision made.

Nantu85

Apr 29, 2014
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2018.
It shows decision made.
Wow, lucky you, they received my application on May 3 and I haven't even got AOR yet
I just checked ecas and my application info is not there anymore, now I'm worried

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
It shows decision made.
Nice!! I hope to receive mine soon!! Looks like you will eat your card on time for your trip!!

Reactions: WRobert