+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Sev_

Sep 18, 2011
I submitted my application on May 7th. My status is now "application received". It's been 2 weeks since the status was changed. However, my status is still same. It has been not changed at all for 2 weeks. Is there anyone whose case is same as mine?
for me it takes 3 and a half weeks after "application received" to receive my AOR

Reactions: ck2018

ck2018

Aug 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2018.
It shows decision made.
looks like we submitted the application for the same day (May 7th). but your status is different from mine. my status is "application received" . Why is different? I understand 2 or 3 day delay but it is 1 weeks delay so far. just want to know it. :(

bardisy

Jan 9, 2018
My Application Timeline:
-Application mailed on 30th April.
-Application received on 2nd May.
-Ecas status is only application received.
-No AOR till date.
-I am on 113 days now !!!!!!!!

WRobert

Jul 24, 2018
My Application Timeline:
-Application mailed on 30th April.
-Application received on 2nd May.
-Ecas status is only application received.
-No AOR till date.
-I am on 113 days now !!!!!!!!
Very frustrating! maybe try phone them..

wnam

May 11, 2010
This is my application
- Application received on April 27
- On Aug 14.. received an email that they received the application
- Start processing on Aug 15.....desission made
-on Aug 21.. we sent your card by mail on Aug 20
Good luck for everyone

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Today I checked online again and found status turned to "Decision Made". My timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 16, 2018
However, I digged into what's "decision made" from the same page, it says:

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

It doesn't say anything about "mail to your address"...

I didn't receive email from IRCC. If I was determined to pick up from a local office, they will note me by mail or email?
THX

gsd1214

Apr 8, 2013
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/05/16.

Received an email form CIC today with this information, is this AOR ?

Nantu85

Apr 29, 2014
Well, good luck everyone, my application got returned, apparently there's shadow in the background of the photo, have to take new photos and resend. Called cic and they said my application will be back at the bottom of the queue, process as new. That's just great.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Well, good luck everyone, my application got returned, apparently there's shadow in the background of the photo, have to take new photos and resend. Called cic and they said my application will be back at the bottom of the queue, process as new. That's just great.
When did you send your application? Does this mean another 3+ month to open your application envelope?

SamZam

Aug 22, 2018
How did CIC inform you of photos retake requirement, via email? Did they send you AOR berore this? Did they mail your package back? I am wondering what is the procedure

Sev_

Sep 18, 2011
omg that's just horrible... almost 4 months to return the documents....

Nantu85

Apr 29, 2014
How did CIC inform you of photos retake requirement, via email? Did they send you AOR berore this? Did they mail your package back? I am wondering what is the procedure
No AOR, no email, they sent the whole application back by mail with the letter of reasons.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/05/16.

Received an email form CIC today with this information, is this AOR ?
I believe you will find a number at the title of your email,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: R333333333 (R+9 digits)
I believe this is a receipt number also your case number....could be so-called AOR...