+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hey guys, i sent my application on february 8th
When i check online i have the following
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 12, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
I have a flight booked on june 18th, and acccording to the processing times, i have to wait 115 days which will be June 7th. However, they keep changing.

What are the chances of me receiving the pr before my travel date?
I am on the same boat as you bro. Apparently the delay is because of the elections :/

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi everyone!

How long does it take to receive the first notification?
I sent my documents and Canada Post marked them as received on May 15th.

I'm traveling on September 15th so I hope I can get my card on time!

visavorpr

May 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

You will be really lucky if you get it before the trip. Cic received my application March 5th and on May 24th my case appeared in ecas with a status decision made but that does not mean I will be getting my card soon. I may still get referred to secondary review and tye processing times are getting longer and longer.

If I were you I would plan on applying for the travel document and you can start gathering documentation right now.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi everyone!

Well, generally right now it seems it's approximately 4.5-5 months from application being sent in to card in the mail, and seems to be getting slower.

You need a timeline of 4 months. I wouldn't be optimistic.

Esedra

May 30, 2018
I am still waiting for AOR since February 21st. They got it (I called them, the application is complete and my photos are fine) but for some reason they did not start even processing it yet. I really worried right now. I wish there was a reasonable explanation why mine got stuck.

babsi123

Apr 26, 2018
The other issue which is more common than you think is photos being rejected which happened to me and unfortunately it has added six weeks. My first application was received end of February and the application plus new photos was received on April 12th so that is the date I am working from now. I'm even getting worried about booking a trip in November because of this delay as it keeps getting longer and longer.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hey guys, i sent my application on february 8th
When i check online i have the following
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 12, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
I have a flight booked on june 18th, and acccording to the processing times, i have to wait 115 days which will be June 7th. However, they keep changing.

What are the chances of me receiving the pr before my travel date?

Do you have any updates? Did you received your card already?

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
You will be really lucky if you get it before the trip. Cic received my application March 5th and on May 24th my case appeared in ecas with a status decision made but that does not mean I will be getting my card soon. I may still get referred to secondary review and tye processing times are getting longer and longer.

If I were you I would plan on applying for the travel document and you can start gathering documentation right now.
If you already have decision made then your application has 99% been approved.... secondary review is never undertaken when a decision has already been made...

Esedra

May 30, 2018
Anyone else is waiting for AOR from February submissions? Also, online linking option says that my application is not in system. I start to get anxious. It has been over 100 days since they got it and it looks like they started to process March submissions. Should I submit new application?

destcan17

May 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am travelling on Sept 15th.
Application was received on May 11th.
Do you think I have a chance of getting this before my travel date?
Will marriage in the family qualify as reason for urgent request?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am travelling on Sept 15th.
Application was received on May 11th.
Do you think I have a chance of getting this before my travel date?
Will marriage in the family qualify as reason for urgent request?
I think Canada should give a letter to any PR who will face an expired PR card for their outside visit. To apply a PRTD outside of Canada is not easy can could lose control if the PR only need one week.

sabooani

Jun 6, 2018
Hi guys,

I applied for PR renewal on April 20, 2018 but the online status is not showing anything yet. Is that normal? If i submit a web form request will they let me know where my file is? Right now i'm not even sure where it stands.

I applied for citizenship in Jan 2018, got AOR over email on Feb27 and the application is in processing since March 29. Funny that the online status does not show the AOR date. Only shows the date they got it and the date they started processing.

sabooani

Jun 6, 2018
Anyone else is waiting for AOR from February submissions? Also, online linking option says that my application is not in system. I start to get anxious. It has been over 100 days since they got it and it looks like they started to process March submissions. Should I submit new application?
Did you try submitting a query through the webform?

Momo231

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
It for family member

Renew Pr Card

We started processing your application on May 3, 2018.

However renewing PR Card with Non-Residence, but meet all the requirement. Anyone had experience or had been approved? How long it will take actually