+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have sent my PR RENEWAL application on feb 5, 2018. It was received on Feb 8th. They returned the application to me on March 14th as incomplete because one of the photos was not according to required specifications!! I resent the application the day after and it was received on March 19th. I still have no news whatsoever from IRCC! I don’t know if returning my application had caused delay in processing but it was stamped that it was received on Feb 8 when I got it back. I sent a web request last week and they replied back last Friday that the information I sent are different from that they have on file! They asked to send the information again and so I did. I have also sent my ticket along with the payment receipt thinking they would send me the new PR before my flight date. Any similar cases?
Unfortunately yours is a common scenario... and the last time you sent it and was delivered becomes the new date of receipt....
Put simply... because it was returned before processing when you re sent it... it rejoined the backend of the queue...

Now you have to wait for the AOR email or unless your need for the card qualifies as urgent , you can go the urgent processing route....

Manardarali

May 16, 2018
Unfortunately yours is a common scenario... and the last time you sent it and was delivered becomes the new date of receipt....
Put simply... because it was returned before processing when you re sent it... it rejoined the backend of the queue...

Now you have to wait for the AOR email or unless your need for the card qualifies as urgent , you can go the urgent processing route....
Thank you DavEd for the fast reply! So roughly it will take about 2.5 months to receive correspondence from them? And another month to mail the card to me ? This will go beyond my flight date as it’s on June 9th :/ I don’t beliveve I’m eligible for urgent processing as they have specific cases and mine is family vacation back in my hometown.

babsi123

Apr 26, 2018

Are you 100% sure about this?

My original application was received on February 26th and the new photos were received on April 14th. My application is straightforward so when is the earliest I could have the card?

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Are you 100% sure about this?

My original application was received on February 26th and the new photos were received on April 14th. My application is straightforward so when is the earliest I could have the card?
I would say near to that... my brother sent in his renewal in November and was returned because of photos in January and he resubmitted with new photos 3 days later... he got his card in April...
From that experience I would believe because it was returned before processing it rejoins the back end of the queue....

babsi123

Apr 26, 2018
I would say near to that... my brother sent in his renewal in November and was returned because of photos in January and he resubmitted with new photos 3 days later... he got his card in April...
From that experience I would believe because it was returned before processing it rejoins the back end of the queue....
Thanks, it's unfair that six weeks has been wasted but really nothing I can do about it :(

Creat0r90

May 22, 2018
Hi guys,

Sent in PR application for my mum on March 16th and have a trip for June 11th .

I have tried searching numerous times for the application status using her Unique Identifier but it never returns any results. Does this mean they haven't even looked at it yet?

I just checked the processing times and says they are processing Jan. 26th applications (for 3 weeks the site said they were working on Jan. 25th applications...)

What are the chances I would get the card before June 11th? Any calls I make to IRCC are dead-ends with the automated system. I sent a web enquiry but somehow I doubt they will reply.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I have tried searching numerous times for the application status using her Unique Identifier but it never returns any results. Does this mean they haven't even looked at it yet?

I just checked the processing times and says they are processing Jan. 26th applications (for 3 weeks the site said they were working on Jan. 25th applications...)

What are the chances I would get the card before June 11th? Any calls I make to IRCC are dead-ends with the automated system. I sent a web enquiry but somehow I doubt they will reply.
If it has no update, you're exactly right - they haven't even started looking at it yet.

I would say there is no chance that you will get the card by June 11.

Manardarali

May 16, 2018
Hello there,

I have a similar case as my application with the correct photos was received March 19th and have a flight on June 9th. According to the processing time they will no way send u the card before the flight date. I sent a request to them and they replied a week later that my application is not in process yet and that once in process I may apply for urgent processing which is not guaranteed as they need 2 business days to confirm whether or not I’m eligible for it. They also suggested to send a new application with “urgent” on the envelope and again if I was approved for it, it would take 30 days. And of course a paid ticket is not considered urgent unless you are going for a job interview, doctor appointment, or some serious family matter not family vacation :( I called my loca MP office yesterday and they told me they would call IRCC and inquire but haven’t heard back from them yet. What I’m planning to do is cancel my trip as to avoid more expenses just in case my file went for secondary review as I have spent less than 730 days inside Canada but have over 4years in total accompanying my Canadian husband. It’s so frustrating because I applied early February depending on the fact that processing time was 80 days by then and never put into mind that they would return my application after almost 5 weeks because of the photos which caused a delay and then the processing time has increased 30 days , so my total delay is about 2.5 months given that it will be normal processing without being referred to secondary review.

Hi guys,

visavorpr

May 8, 2018
This is my timeline:
1. I have applied for pr card late february 2018. I sent my letter without tracking....
I have had about 1400 days physical presence. I visited one country for over a year during my eligibility period. I visited my cad spouse but i didnt bother including that info as i have had enough qualifying days to get pr card even with the extensive absences. I just said i visited family.
2. At the end of march i sent my citizenship application. I received aor via email april 6th. the same day I logged in in ecas and the ecas said:
Application received. and when i clicked on that, it said:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 6, 2018.
At this point i heard nothing back about my application about pr.

3.On may 24th I logged in ecas to check my citizenship status and all of a sudden I see a line for Pr card and it said Decision made. When i clicked on the decision made it said that:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 5, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
So i guess they processed it in one day since it said Decision Made?
When I clicked at the tables explaining the pr card processing I got:
IN PROCESS (A decision has not been made yet.):
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.
DECISION MADE (A decision has been made at this point.):
Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

I am here. So I am guessing I will have to pick my card.....
and the last stage:
COMPLETE (Your application is considered closed.)
Permanent Resident Card Issued
If your application was approved, you have received your permanent resident card.

Application Withdrawn
You may withdraw your application before we start processing it. We do not offer refunds for applications once processing has started.

Application Abandoned
Your application is considered abandoned if we do not receive the additional information we require within 180 days, in order to process your application. You will need to submit a new application.

Card Cancelled
Your permanent resident card will be cancelled if you do not pick it up within 180 days of receiving your first notice. You will need to submit a new application.

For my physical presence I am able to prove it through school (i was a student, just recently graduated)and through my notice of assessments. I worked some of that time when i had a summer break etc. that might have something to do with the decision being made so fast... I do have to say that I do not have the passport for the whole eligibility period.

Heliosdz

Jun 3, 2012
Perth
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2006
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2007
Med's Request
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
03-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-11-2012
Hi everyone,

See below my current application status, I have 907 days stay in Canada
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 1, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 1, 2018.

Manardarali

May 16, 2018
Thank you for posting your timelines. Please keep doing so as it gives me hope that my application will be pro

QUOTE="Heliosdz, post: 6961122, member: 261612"]Hi everyone,

See below my current application status, I have 907 days stay in Canada
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 1, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 1, 2018.
[/QUOTE]

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Right now IRCC website shows 115 days for normal renewal. That means submit right now will get response 4 months later...

bamad

May 31, 2018
Hey guys, i sent my application on february 8th
When i check online i have the following
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 12, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
I have a flight booked on june 18th, and acccording to the processing times, i have to wait 115 days which will be June 7th. However, they keep changing.

What are the chances of me receiving the pr before my travel date?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hey guys, i sent my application on february 8th
When i check online i have the following
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 12, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
I have a flight booked on june 18th, and acccording to the processing times, i have to wait 115 days which will be June 7th. However, they keep changing.

What are the chances of me receiving the pr before my travel date?
No one can really answer for certain. However, as you say, the current situation is that they seem to be taking longer and longer.

I wouldn't be very optimistic in your situation.