+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident (PR) Card Renewal

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
Hello folks,

I have 2 questions that needs clarification:

1. My PR Card is Expiring on August 13, 2024 and I have read online that I can apply for a New PR Card 9 months in advance before the original card expiry.
So can you please confirm if this is the correct info as I am planning to apply by Dec 10, 2023 as it is less than 9 months and I can receive it sooner? (The current wait time for New PR card is 70 days)

2. I already got 2 Photographs as per the PR application standards. So the Photo Studio has put their stamp with Address and Date on back on 2 photos, instead of just 1.
I saw in the photo requirements page issued by IRCC that only 1 photo needs to be signed and stamped with Photo Studio Address, Date, Full Name of Applicant and DOB of Applicant.
Can you please clarify if it is okay to stamp and write behind both the photos or just 1 photo ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,

I have 2 questions that needs clarification:

1. My PR Card is Expiring on August 13, 2024 and I have read online that I can apply for a New PR Card 9 months in advance before the original card expiry.
So can you please confirm if this is the correct info as I am planning to apply by Dec 10, 2023 as it is less than 9 months and I can receive it sooner? (The current wait time for New PR card is 70 days)

2. I already got 2 Photographs as per the PR application standards. So the Photo Studio has put their stamp with Address and Date on back on 2 photos, instead of just 1.
I saw in the photo requirements page issued by IRCC that only 1 photo needs to be signed and stamped with Photo Studio Address, Date, Full Name of Applicant and DOB of Applicant.
Can you please clarify if it is okay to stamp and write behind both the photos or just 1 photo ?
1) Exactly if you meet your residency obligation
2) It's fine to stamp both.

Reactions: hpayila