+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Card

cpatnala

Aug 10, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have landed in to canada as a permanent resident as my husband has sponsored me. Well how many days will take to get PR Card. Because I have a plan to go back to my country to do some urgent work. Please answer my question at the earliest.

cpatnala

Aug 10, 2017
If i write a letter to Immigration Canada to send the PR Card faster. You want me to explain the situation. Please suggest me.

linyaoting

Jul 21, 2018
I think you can go back to your country now. And you need to wait for your husband receive your PR card and use the UPS, the international express or let someone can take the PR card to your country and give it to you. Then you can use your PR card come back to Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If i write a letter to Immigration Canada to send the PR Card faster. You want me to explain the situation. Please suggest me.
Writing a letter to immigration will not result in faster processing you will just need to wait it out and if it arrives, usually within 6-8 weeks for new cards then it can be mailed or couriered to you by your husband. Alternatively as a backup you could apply for a PRTD the moment you arrive in your home country depending how long you plan to be there this could be an option. Worst case of course if just a short trip with no time to wait for the card or a PRTD then if you have a US visa come back via the US land border.