+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident card renewal

Ntaylor56

Feb 6, 2019
I have a couple questions, hopefully someone can help, as I cannot get thru to a CIC agent:

1). Why is expiration date different on my card versus what is on my paperwork? I assume the card is the correct on? There is a 3 month difference.

2). On the renewal form you need to provide travel out of Canada. I lived close to US border & take day trips for shopping. No idea of the actual dates!! I go various times; monthly, every other , twice a month etc. How do I document when no actual dates?

Has anyone been successful in reaching a human!!! What number?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have a couple questions, hopefully someone can help, as I cannot get thru to a CIC agent:

1). Why is expiration date different on my card versus what is on my paperwork? I assume the card is the correct on? There is a 3 month difference.

2). On the renewal form you need to provide travel out of Canada. I lived close to US border & take day trips for shopping. No idea of the actual dates!! I go various times; monthly, every other , twice a month etc. How do I document when no actual dates?

Has anyone been successful in reaching a human!!! What number?

Thanks
1) what paperwork? The card expiration date is what you need for card renewal.

2) it's your responsibility to make sure that you know what dates you travelled. You may be able to obtain the information from CBP and CBSA.

The only way to find a human is via the IRCC Call Centre, but to be honest, you are likely to be disappointed with the service.

https://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

Last edited:

Ntaylor56

Feb 6, 2019
The paperwork is the "Confirmation of Permanent Residency".

For the daily trips, over 5 years could be 100 trips!!! They are typically 3-4 hours, could I not just document "multiple daily trips" or something like that?

Had no idea I would need to know every single date! Yikes!!