+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Card for Newcomers on COPR

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

We landed yesterday in Canada as newcomers. We were advised at the immigration that our PR application gets automatically processed for new comers but provide an address for delivery of PR with this link...

Http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-service/index.asp

When I go here on above link, it does not show our application. Does it take a while for the PR application to show up here? I hope we don’t need to fill a fresh/new application as such.

If anyone who came to Canada on COPR in 2021 can advice please from your experience. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone,

We landed yesterday in Canada as newcomers. We were advised at the immigration that our PR application gets automatically processed for new comers but provide an address for delivery of PR with this link...

When I go here on above link, it does not show our application. Does it take a while for the PR application to show up here? I hope we don’t need to fill a fresh/new application as such.

If anyone who came to Canada on COPR in 2021 can advice please from your experience. Thank you.
1. Did you give CBSA a Canadian address when you "landed"? If you did, you don't have to do anything.
2. If you didn't give CBSA an address, follow the instructions here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thanks PMM for your response.

CBSA didn't take Canadian address instead asked us to update the address with the link I mentioned above. The link you just shared also takes me to the same page.

The message which I keep getting is that "we are unable to identify you" after I enter my details.

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Below is the response I get when I try to follow above step for me as well as for my wife.

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship."

visu7190

Jan 11, 2021
Hello everyone,

@Nash_avi : Congrats on landing in Canada. I am sorry to hijack this post, but I would like to know your Landing experience at the Port of Entry under the New Covid restrictions. I would really appreciate if you could shed some light on it and if i could connect with you on this topic. I am planning to land next month from the US.

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
@Nash_avi : Congrats on landing in Canada. I am sorry to hijack this post, but I would like to know your Landing experience at the Port of Entry under the New Covid restrictions. I would really appreciate if you could shed some light on it and if i could connect with you on this topic. I am planning to land next month from the US.
@visu7190 : We were coming from Kuwait with COPR. At the moment, there is no institutional quarantine in place. Although I suspect it may be in place by the time you will land here. Yesterday was the last day for Hotels to submit their interest for participating and qualifying for Institutional Quarantine. Therefore please watch out and do see IRCC webpage for updates.

At the Pearson Airport, the immigration was smooth. Before you board flight from US, you will have to have negative CPR test not older than 72 hours. Airline will check that for all passengers. It will be again verified by CBSA at the port of entry. Do enrol for ArriveCan as it makes life easy and process faster.

The CBSA officer will explain you everything relevant at the time of your entry after asking standard questions and approving your entry. For us, however, CBSA officer didn't update the address to deliver PR Card. Instead, he asked us to update the address though the link I mentioned above. However, I'm struggling to see the application itself and I keep getting the response that "we are unable to identify you"!

Moving further, before we exited Airport, they did another CPR for us and took samples. The report is yet to come out, we are waiting results. You will be asked to directly move to your place of 14 days of quarantine from Airport.

From next day onwards, in ArriveCan App, we need to update the answers to the questions being asked. These are primarily to confirm that we are taking care of quarantine rules, are not in any challenges and need support, have developed any symptoms etc. etc.

The Airport will look different as most shops are closed and it's relatively empty. There was just one 7-Eleven which was open and all other shops were closed except Cafes and Restaurants. We still don't have a Canada SIM as it will take another 2-3 days to arrive.

Hope this helps. Should there anymore asks I can help with , do let me know please.

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thanks PMM for your response.

CBSA didn't take Canadian address instead asked us to update the address with the link I mentioned above. The link you just shared also takes me to the same page.

The message which I keep getting is that "we are unable to identify you" after I enter my details.
Asking again if someone who came to Canada on COPR in last few months and didn't give a address to receive PR Card to CBSA. Or the CBSA officer asked to update address for PR online or through other methods. If you can share your experience and any help here, it will be really appreciated.

visu7190

Jan 11, 2021
@visu7190 : We were coming from Kuwait with COPR. At the moment, there is no institutional quarantine in place. Although I suspect it may be in place by the time you will land here. Yesterday was the last day for Hotels to submit their interest for participating and qualifying for Institutional Quarantine. Therefore please watch out and do see IRCC webpage for updates.

At the Pearson Airport, the immigration was smooth. Before you board flight from US, you will have to have negative CPR test not older than 72 hours. Airline will check that for all passengers. It will be again verified by CBSA at the port of entry. Do enrol for ArriveCan as it makes life easy and process faster.

The CBSA officer will explain you everything relevant at the time of your entry after asking standard questions and approving your entry. For us, however, CBSA officer didn't update the address to deliver PR Card. Instead, he asked us to update the address though the link I mentioned above. However, I'm struggling to see the application itself and I keep getting the response that "we are unable to identify you"!

Moving further, before we exited Airport, they did another CPR for us and took samples. The report is yet to come out, we are waiting results. You will be asked to directly move to your place of 14 days of quarantine from Airport.

From next day onwards, in ArriveCan App, we need to update the answers to the questions being asked. These are primarily to confirm that we are taking care of quarantine rules, are not in any challenges and need support, have developed any symptoms etc. etc.

The Airport will look different as most shops are closed and it's relatively empty. There was just one 7-Eleven which was open and all other shops were closed except Cafes and Restaurants. We still don't have a Canada SIM as it will take another 2-3 days to arrive.

Hope this helps. Should there anymore asks I can help with , do let me know please.
Thank you for taking time to explain in detail your experience. I hope you get to find the answer you are looking for with respect to the PR application. I ll update here,if I find any information on the subject.

Also, are you intending to reside permenantly in Canada now or planning to return to your Home Country.? I know the website says we have to immigrate permenantly now, but would it be an issue, if we land, complete the quarrentine and leave? Any ideas.

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thank you for taking time to explain in detail your experience. I hope you get to find the answer you are looking for with respect to the PR application. I ll update here,if I find any information on the subject.

Also, are you intending to reside permenantly in Canada now or planning to return to your Home Country.? I know the website says we have to immigrate permenantly now, but would it be an issue, if we land, complete the quarrentine and leave? Any ideas.
Yes. We are here for residing permanently. Canada is home now.
At the moment, I can’t advice anyone to come for soft landing as it’s clearly a No from IRCC.

Reactions: visu7190

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi, Requesting again... Anyone who did the first entry in 2021 and the CBSA didn’t take a permanent address to ship the PR Card. How did you go about updating the address to mail PR Card? Will appreciate if you can share your experience please.

I have also submitted a web form to update address. But I still can’t see my application on IRCC. I suspect two things -

1. For some reason, the linkage in PR application is not intact and I’m sure where it’s broken. That’s where I need help.

2. Could it be a case that the CBSA hasn’t done the PR application itself or haven’t done it properly? In this case, what options do I have?

Any leads or expert suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Hi, Requesting again... Anyone who did the first entry in 2021 and the CBSA didn’t take a permanent address to ship the PR Card. How did you go about updating the address to mail PR Card? Will appreciate if you can share your experience please.

I have also submitted a web form to update address. But I still can’t see my application on IRCC. I suspect two things -

1. For some reason, the linkage in PR application is not intact and I’m sure where it’s broken. That’s where I need help.

2. Could it be a case that the CBSA hasn’t done the PR application itself or haven’t done it properly? In this case, what options do I have?

what did you use for identification here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify? UCI number? if not try locating your file by it as it should be in the system already

Nash_avi

Aug 24, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
@Kaisa_18 : Yes, I’m searching with UCI. I keep getting below response. That’s why I’m wondering if the the application has yet begun or not.

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Unfortunately there have been cases where CBSA has not landed people properly in the system. Would call CBSA to ask what you should do.

visu7190

Jan 11, 2021
@Nash_avi Hope you are doing well, wanted to check if you got an answer for your address related question. We have finally decided to immigrate to Canada next month and I would really appreciate it if you could help me with your experiences with SIN applications and initial days post Quarrentine.