+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Applicant via Spousal Sponsorship

joannagat

Jul 21, 2021
Hello, I am looking to see if there is any way to apply for Alberta Health insurance as an applicant for permanent resident? My Application is still processing and it has only been 4 months. I am pregnant and had to pay out of pocket for my check ups although my husband is a permanent resident. Is there anyway to expedite my application or even apply for temporary health card? Thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am looking to see if there is any way to apply for Alberta Health insurance as an applicant for permanent resident? My Application is still processing and it has only been 4 months. I am pregnant and had to pay out of pocket for my check ups although my husband is a permanent resident. Is there anyway to expedite my application or even apply for temporary health card? Thank you so much.
No way to expedite. So you applied and waiting for a response. If so all you can do is wait.

https://www.alberta.ca/ahcip-apply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should qualify if your spouse is a PR and can prove that you are married. You also have to commit to being in Alberta for 6 months out of the next 12 months.