+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency on the basis of ODD jobs after PG diploma

Bashir.Ahmad

Dec 8, 2020
Hello
I got admission in 2 year postgraduate diploma in canada. I want to know what will be my future in canada if i didn't get any job relevant to my field of study in 3 years of work permit ? Can i get permanent Residency on the basis of Odd jobs in canada ?
Lets suppose if i failed to get a job relevant to field of study, Can Odd jobs like Cleaning, food delivery uber eats, security jobs help me to get permanent Residency in canada ? If no, what are the other possible options to get permanent Residency in canada ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You don't need to find work in your field of study but it must be in skilled employment (NOC 0, A, or B). So the jobs you are listing are not skilled to use for work experience towards permanent residency.

Bashir.Ahmad

Dec 8, 2020
You don't need to find work in your field of study but it must be in skilled employment (NOC 0, A, or B). So the jobs you are listing are not skilled to use for work experience towards permanent residency.
Then what will be my future in canada if i failed to get NOC 0, A, or B job relevant to my field of study in 3 years of work permit . On what legal status i can stay there and get PR after work permit. What will be my future in canada ? How i can get PR there with ODD jobs or is there any other way to get PR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Then what will be my future in canada if i failed to get NOC 0, A, or B job relevant to my field of study in 3 years of work permit . On what legal status i can stay there and get PR after work permit. What will be my future in canada ? How i can get PR there with ODD jobs or is there any other way to get PR.
Then you won’t qualify for PR & when your PGWP expires, you will have no status. If you don’t have enough points for express entry, you will have to leave the country. Why can’t you find a skilled job? You will not know until you begin your PGWP.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It depends on if you can get enough points without the job, there are also various provincial streams with their own criteria so look through those, but generally without the qualifying job experience its much tougher, remember its not just job but 1 year of job experience that counts

Reactions: Naturgrl