+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Card Renewal - Didn't meet the Requirments

rb10

May 8, 2014
Guys,
I find myself in a terrible situation and I could really use your help and advice. As you know I have withdrawn my application for a new PR Card.

I havent received a reply yet, as my plan was to wait until that withdrawal was accepted then re-apply.

Today I went to the beach with my friend, and when we were their our car got broken into. They took my wallet, and in my wallet was my Care Card, bank cards, Sin card, I.D, and ofcourse my expired permanent residency card.

What am I going to do? I needed that piece of information to get me into places, to even travel within Canada. Now I am officially screwed. I cannot even go visit my sister. So what is my plan? How do I approach this?

Can I re-submit a new application already explaining my situation further?

Im actually shocked and just lost for words right now.

Please help me

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You don't need the expired PR card to travel inside of Canada. The ONLY time you need that card is if you leave the Canadian borders. I would still wait for the withdrawal to go through and then I would begin a new application. Just because your wallet was stolen will not change your original problem, which was not being in compliance with your days. You STILL have to wait for that situation to resolve before you can continue on to get a new PR card.

The other items, I suggest you begin replacing ASAP though. Let the respective offices know that your wallet was stolen and it shouldn't be too much of an issue, I don't think.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you have already asked the bank to block your cards because that is the first thing you should do.

As long as you still have your passport and landing papers, you should be able to replace your care card and SIN card as well as ID. To travel within Canada, you don't need a PR card, just ID.

For the future, keep in mind that there is no reason to keep your SIN card and PR card in your wallet. You can keep them safe at home instead. Another one, when leaving a car, never leave anything inside the car that can be seen through the car windows. If you are leaving a wallet, a bag, a jacket etc., put it under the seat, in the trunk or in the glove compartment. Leaving anything visible inside the car is an invitation for a thief to quickly break the window and swipe it, even if you just leave the car for a short time. I know a woman who left her purse in the car for less than an hour. By the time she came back, the purse was gone and 15 minutes later as she got home and phoned the bank to block her credit cards, they were already maxed out to the limit.

Lar70

Oct 27, 2017
Hello gurus, I am really enjoying every piece of information on this forum. Well, I want people who have gone through the process of successfully renewed their expired PR card after they have waited for some time beyond expiration of their card to meet the RO to please share their experience and process. This is just to learn from their experience. Looking forward to such info.

ON332982

Oct 16, 2017
Hello gurus, I am really enjoying every piece of information on this forum. Well, I want people who have gone through the process of successfully renewed their expired PR card after they have waited for some time beyond expiration of their card to meet the RO to please share their experience and process. This is just to learn from their experience. Looking forward to such info.

Iam in the same situation please share your experiences it might help