+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Card Renewal - Didn't meet the Requirments

rb10

May 8, 2014
Okay,
I will scan a copy of my receipt of paying the 50 bucks and send it along with a word document including the following:

I have included my name, address, file i.d, date, my birth of birth, and the following:

My file was received on January 7, 2014 for an application of permanent residency card renewal. The CIC started processing my application on January 21, 2014. Then transferred my application to the local CIC office on January 24, 2014.
Reason for withdrawal:

For personal reasons, I would like to withdraw my current application for the renewal of my PR card. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Signature:

Is that okay?

Do you think my withdrawal will be okay? Do you think this will work out? Anything else to include?

I will courier it to both Nova Scotia and local CIC office, and also fax it to local CIC. Won't they be suspcious if they see I fax'd it and couriered it?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rb10 said:
Okay,
I will scan a copy of my receipt of paying the 50 bucks and send it along with a word document including the following:

I have included my name, address, file i.d, date, my birth of birth, and the following:

My file was received on January 7, 2014 for an application of permanent residency card renewal. The CIC started processing my application on January 21, 2014. Then transferred my application to the local CIC office on January 24, 2014.
Reason for withdrawal:

For personal reasons, I would like to withdraw my current application for the renewal of my PR card. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Signature:

Is that okay?

Do you think my withdrawal will be okay? Do you think this will work out? Anything else to include?

I will courier it to both Nova Scotia and local CIC office, and also fax it to local CIC. Won't they be suspcious if they see I fax'd it and couriered it?
I am not entirely convinced you should be looking for a refund of your fee as they have begun processing your file and that is usually a no go for a refund at that point, but it might be different in this case, who knows.

I think you what you have written should be fine and adequate. I don't know what you mean by suspicious. Suspicious of what? They are used to getting documents faxed and originals in the mail, that is how many people communicate with CIC just to ensure timely receipt of the documents they are frequently faxed first.

Whether or not your withdrawal is going to be OK is really up to the officer that is processing your application. I have seen/read a few cases on this forum where they were in much worse shape than you and successfully withdrew their applications without problems, so I think the odds are in your favor for sure.

Isn't there an actual form for withdrawing your PR application? I don't know as I've never had to do it, but you should take a look at CIC website for forms just to be sure there isn't an 'official' withdrawal request form.

Good luck.

I am editing to add this link about withdrawals from the CIC website. Sorry if it was already included in others previous postings. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=719&t=4

rb10

May 8, 2014
Hey,

I think Leon said that there is no form. Plus when you go on this site - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=719&t=4 - I dont see a form do you? I presume that's just me typing a word document?

Okay, so do you think I should attach my Payment Receipt of 50 bucks or not?

If my application get's withdrawn, how would I know?

So does everything look okay from what I have sent?

i appreciate the answers

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rb10 said:
Hey,

I think Leon said that there is no form. Plus when you go on this site - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=719&t=4 - I dont see a form do you? I presume that's just me typing a word document?

Okay, so do you think I should attach my Payment Receipt of 50 bucks or not?

If my application get's withdrawn, how would I know?

So does everything look okay from what I have sent?

i appreciate the answers
Yes, I does appear there is no form and they are quite clear about what you need to send and what information they require for a withdrawal. I think your payment receipt is going to be a moot point since that very same link that I posted under "refund of my fee" states quite clearly that once they begin processing your application the fee is not refundable.

Keep an eye on your eCas as they will update it there when they have withdrawn, and I also believe they send you an email at your listed email address or a physical notice in your mail once it is withdrawn. As I said before, I have no personal experience with this, only the knowledge that I have gained by reading various threads. I do know that everyone of those have stated their eCas noted the withdrawal, but they didn't clarify if they received email/snail mail regarding the withdrawal as well. Someone who has done this before is going to be able to provide you the best answers as far as that is concerned.

I think you are good to go.

rb10

May 8, 2014
Thanks man, I will fax and send it first thing tomorrow morning.

You think I will turn out okay?

rb10

May 8, 2014
It says that I should post my receipt of payment though?

A copy of the e-Payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the HPM receipt (IMM 5401) if you still have it; and

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rb10 said:
It says that I should post my receipt of payment though?

A copy of the e-Payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the HPM receipt (IMM 5401) if you still have it; and
If it says it needs it, then add it. Not a big deal.

rb10

May 8, 2014
Hey Guys,

So I withdrew my application. I sent a fax, and couriered it to both address for Local CIC and the CIC in Nova Scotia.

I also Called the CIC help line, they said that my additional application files have been receive (which means they will receive my fax of withdrawal), and that an officer hasnt even looked at my file yet and that he will in 12 months. I didn't really tell her off the withdrawal.

Is that a good thing?

I have a few questions, will my withdrawal be accepted in 12 months when the officer looks at the file, or will it be accepted sooner because that is looked at straight away? If so how long does it take?

If I want to travel within Canada to my nieces christening this summer, is that possible?

When I re-apply for my permanent residency card, what should I write on my file for withdrawing the first time?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rb10 said:
Hey Guys,

So I withdrew my application. I sent a fax, and couriered it to both address for Local CIC and the CIC in Nova Scotia.

I also Called the CIC help line, they said that my additional application files have been receive (which means they will receive my fax of withdrawal), and that an officer hasnt even looked at my file yet and that he will in 12 months. I didn't really tell her off the withdrawal.

Is that a good thing?

I have a few questions, will my withdrawal be accepted in 12 months when the officer looks at the file, or will it be accepted sooner because that is looked at straight away? If so how long does it take?

If I want to travel within Canada to my nieces christening this summer, is that possible?

When I re-apply for my permanent residency card, what should I write on my file for withdrawing the first time?
Traveling inside of Canada is absolutely no problem. The ONLY time you need that PR card is if you leave the country of Canada itself and you do not have a valid PR card or visa exempt passport on which to return to Canada with. I would wait until they actually accept the withdrawal on your current application then give it a few months and apply again because if you aren't planning on leaving the country immediately then there is no hurry for the physical card. I would just note that you withdrew the application for personal reasons or whatever reason you actually put on your withdrawal notice you sent them today.

rb10

May 8, 2014
Okay perfect. And if I want to go to Toronto from Vancouver? What will I need, and when I am returning in the country won't they ask me? Do I show them my expired PR card or my british passport?

Is it a good thing that my application hasn't been looked at yet, and I filed for withdrawal... do you know if they will accept it before they look at my file or wait 12 months for the officer?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rb10 said:
Okay perfect. And if I want to go to Toronto from Vancouver? What will I need, and when I am returning in the country won't they ask me? Do I show them my expired PR card or my british passport?

Is it a good thing that my application hasn't been looked at yet, and I filed for withdrawal... do you know if they will accept it before they look at my file or wait 12 months for the officer?
If you are going from Toronto to Vancouver you aren't even LEAVING the country. You do realize they are BOTH in Canada, right? LOL You shouldn't need anything but a passport or some form of photo identification to board a plane that isn't landing on foreign soil.

I have no idea how long it will take, but I doubt it will take 12 months for them to look at your withdrawal. They open the information when they receive it to see where it has to be sent so they will clearly see it is a withdrawal and will forward it to the officer/office that processes those. Other cases I have read here on the forums suggest it will take a couple months for it to be completed.

rb10

May 8, 2014
Alurra71 said:
If you are going from Toronto to Vancouver you aren't even LEAVING the country. You do realize they are BOTH in Canada, right? LOL You shouldn't need anything but a passport or some form of photo identification to board a plane that isn't landing on foreign soil.

I have no idea how long it will take, but I doubt it will take 12 months for them to look at your withdrawal. They open the information when they receive it to see where it has to be sent so they will clearly see it is a withdrawal and will forward it to the officer/office that processes those. Other cases I have read here on the forums suggest it will take a couple months for it to be completed.
Thanks Allura,

But when I return to Vancouver won't they ask me what I am doing here and why?

Overall do you think I will be okay. When I re-apply, what should I put on my application?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rb10 said:
Thanks Allura,

Overall do you think I will be okay. When I re-apply, what should I put on my application?
When you return to Vancouver from an inland flight from Toronto I am pretty sure there wont be a lot of questioning. You don't even have to pass through customs on an inland flight do you? You didn't leave the country, why would you have to even speak to anyone? If it's like the US airports, then your flight arrives at a gate that doesn't have customs inspections and you just go pick up your bags and are on your way to wherever you are going.

Overall, I think you are going to be fine, but that is just my opinion. My suggestion, is that you stop stressing so hard over something so simple as your reapplication when the time comes. Thousands or even hundreds of thousands have done this successfully. This isn't something new to CIC. You are young, go out and enjoy life and get the hell off these forums and stop sweating the small stuff ;)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rb10 said:
Thanks Allura,

Who will ask you in Vancouver? Not immigration because you don't pass through immigration as it is a domestic flight. In my experience, with an inland flight, nobody asks you anything except when you board, you have to show your boarding card and some ID.

When you re-apply, you write your travel and address history for the past 5 years at that time and don't re-apply unless you meet the RO.