+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Application and change of passport information-consequences?

sas123

Oct 1, 2007
It takes about 12 months to process a permanent residency application for a spouse, if during this period the passport number changes for theinvited-to-Canada-spous, would this make the application time to start over?

Thanks!

PRS

Apr 3, 2006
I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I will tell you that I'm in a similar situation.
I sent my paperwork in before I changed my last name on my US passport. I received an entirely new passport with a new number.
However, I did write immigration a letter with my application stating that I would be doing this. My plan is to send in a copy of the new passport. That was the advice given to me.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
I changed my passport once during the process, and the process continued for me.

I waited until the Consular sent me the next correspondence, and when I responded to their request, which was sending in the FBI clearance, I sent an accompanying letter stating that I have a new passport, and I included photocopies of the first 4 pages of the passport.

Processed continued, and I received my visa in my new passport.

sas123 said:
It takes about 12 months to process a permanent residency application for a spouse, if during this period the passport number changes for theinvited-to-Canada-spous, would this make the application time to start over?

Thanks!

Reactions: jazzierose

chelly

Jun 25, 2009
I'm working as a nurse in saskatchewan since feb. i have a permanet part time position but guaranteed fult time for 1 yr as what is stated on my contract. Do you think I can already apply on SINP for PR?

thanks

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just put the 2 passport together and write a letter explaining why you have new passport. In case you lost your passport and applied for a new one....you do also need to write an explaining letter

Reactions: jazzierose

jazzierose

Nov 27, 2019
Hi! Good day!

My mom is taking us (me and my brothers) to Canada and she already received an email where it says she is scheduled to be interviewed on December 3, 2019 for Permanent Residency. We are already completed our medical and are already done submitting all our requirements.
Then she received an email where it says that we only have 30 days from the date of her interview to submit our passports to VFS here in Manila, Philippines.
However, I lost my passport and I'm still waiting for a new one. I will have my new passport in approximately 25 days from now. I called the Department of Foreign Affairs hotline and they said my passport number will change when I receive my new one.
I just wanna ask if what do we need to do now that my passport number will change?
I have a police report and affidavit of loss as a proof for my lost passport.

Hoping to hear from anyone who can tell me what to do in this situation. Thank you so much.