+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residence

U

uglygnome

permanent residence application in process since 12th May for in Canada part, when I'll receive a letter or something about their decision? and when they will send application to visa office abroad?
thanks beforehand! :(
I sent my family application at the end of February.
Waiting is hard ???

I

iarblue

Approx 60 days in mississauga,maybe a little less.then you will recieve your letter.

U

uglygnome

but the application if filled and sent in February, I checked it with E-cas and it shows that they recieved it February and started processing in May, it still says Permanent residence application ### in Process from 12th May
it's kind of weird. ???

U

uglygnome

I also have a question about medical exam can my spouse and children take medical exam before they will receive decision on their application? :-X

I

iarblue

Yes they should have taken the medicals before they applied and sent it in with the application but they can do it now and send it to the visa office.

I

iarblue

And your talking about the permanent residence part or the sponsorship part?
When did you send the app to mississauga,did you recieve the letter from them saying it was sent to the visa office?And what visa office are you through?

U

uglygnome

to be honest I sent my application to CPC Vegreville then I checked it's status with my ID number, I did not get any letter or something about medical exam and they did not ask, my family application is in Canada now I think if they would sent it to Turkey(Ankara) they would inform us no?

U

uglygnome

Is it allowed to have medical exam before Visa Office will ask it?

I

iarblue

Ok i think your getting mixed up a bit.If you applied outland it goes to Ankara if you applied Inland it does not.So you sent it to Veg so it will be processed there and Inland takes a bit longer.
But if you are applying Outland via Ankara you should have sent it to Mississauga,so if you are applying outland,Veg would have forward your application to Mississauga,then they will send you a letter if it says they started the application may 12th then it will be 60 days from that date that they send you the letter.
Did you recieve the letter stating that you were approved to sponsor,if not you need to wait for that letter.In the letter it will tell you it has been forwarded to Ankara,but its a bit confusing cause you say you are using your ID number to check the status where did you get the id number?

And yes you can do the medicals now.

U

uglygnome

thanks for your answer, I think that Vegreville sent application to Mississauga because my family lives abroad not in Canada, I am Refugee Claiment who got Permanent residence status last year that's why I know my ID number. I got no letter from Mississauga, I think we should wait more and more immigration process is very slow. where did you get that info about 60 days needed for Mississauga to contact people? is it written in CIC web page?

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
uglygnome said:
thanks for your answer, I think that Vegreville sent application to Mississauga because my family lives abroad not in Canada, I am Refugee Claiment who got Permanent residence status last year that's why I know my ID number. I got no letter from Mississauga, I think we should wait more and more immigration process is very slow. where did you get that info about 60 days needed for Mississauga to contact people? is it written in CIC web page?
Unfortunately, you sent their application to the wrong center. Outside Canada applications go to Mississauga. I'm not sure what the next step is for you at this point, you probably need to call CIC if you haven't already.

I

iarblue

Under process times.... it goes up and down, but it could very well come before the 60 days,But what will happen is Mississauga will send you a letter to state if you have been approved as a sponsor and if you are they will send the file to Ankara to have the permanent resident part processed, once it gets there they will send you a letter stating they have started the process.
But you need to be patient it will take all your patience, your just begining and the process time once it reaches Ankara is 80% in 8 months so once you have recieved the letter from Ankara stating they started the process it could take 8 months from that date.
Oh you have a lawyer?Well then all info will go to him so yes keep up to date with him as he is the one that will get the letters then.

U

uglygnome

I know that they can take 8 months or more, but I hope for quickly process have not seen my family for 2,5 years. :(

thank you all!!!!!!!!!! you gave me glimmer of hope! ;)

U

uglygnome

is my wife will contact medical practitioner in her country will he explain everything? and where will he mail medical application? is it possible to give medical results to her to send them when visa office will ask?