+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ REJECTED

rhamid6

Jul 4, 2018
HI Guys....I went to continuing education and I received refusal intention letter. I have decided to take TEFAQ and apply again. I am just wondering if we can apply more than once for the PEQ

Last edited:

burakertas

Nov 9, 2018
I have just received my refusal today due to my french level.
I got my B2 certificate from concordia and before that i got 6 months intense french course just for my personal interest. Follwing my graduation i got a private french prof just to improve my speaking skills for jon interviews (i didnt even think about peq since that they require B2 only)
I am a civil engineer and actively working more than half a year in montreal and french is the only language we communicate at job.
I had a very easy and relax interview as i explain that my french level is way higher than B2.
They refused my PEQ and stating that my french is level 5. This is a real scum!
And they are only giving me 1 month to send additional documents ! Which in that case i dont even have a chance to get an exam nor certificate.

Last edited:

Chofi

Aug 19, 2013
I got my B2 certificate from concordia and before that i got 6 months intense french course just for my personal interest. Follwing my graduation i got a private french prof just to improve my speaking skills for jon interviews (i didnt even think about peq since that they require B2 only)
I am a civil engineer and actively working more than half a year in montreal and french is the only language we communicate at job.
I had a very easy and relax interview as i explain that my french level is way higher than B2.
And they are only giving me 1 month to send additional documents ! Which in that case i dont even have a chance to get an exam nor certificate.

Hello, Im sorry to hear what happened to you. I just want to ask if you did the tefaq exam apart from your concordia certificate, and also you mention that you had an interview, what the interview to prove your french?

Mind sharing your nationality and also how much time all this took place.

Thank you

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello, Im sorry to hear what happened to you. I just want to ask if you did the tefaq exam apart from your concordia certificate, and also you mention that you had an interview, what the interview to prove your french?

Thank you
My guess is that he's Turkish and falls in the MiDI favourite triad of Middle East/China/India.

Second guess from his post : No Tefaq just cert. Class and the holy interview to get the best French speaking talent for Quebec csq.

With Legault I expect a free hand to MIDI to openly discriminate and harass potential migrants but not before fleecing them of their money.

Reactions: burakertas

Chofi

Aug 19, 2013
My guess is that he's Turkish and falls in the MiDI favourite triad of Middle East/China/India.

Second guess from his post : No Tefaq just cert. Class and the holy interview to get the best French speaking talent for Quebec csq.

With Legault I expect a free hand to MIDI to openly discriminate and harass potential migrants but not before fleecing them of their money.

Wow, I guess they never take in consideration the certificates then, they only accept the tefaq and such exams for this stream :( I was wondering in how much time they send you the famous "note of refusal"?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Wow, I guess they never take in consideration the certificates then, they only accept the tefaq and such exams for this stream :( I was wondering in how much time they send you the famous "note of refusal"?
Agree ... now tefaq b2 is the only way to get peq csq but there have been some cases where even they were interviewed and refused. MIDI is known to throw rules in the bin when it wants to teach potential migrants a lesson.

As to getting note of refusal OP is better placed to answer

Last edited:

Chofi

Aug 19, 2013
Agree ... now tefaq b2 is the only way to get peq csq but there have been some cases where even they were interviewed and refused. MIDI is known to throw rules in the bin when it wants to teach potential migrants a lesson.

As to getting note of refusal OP is better placed to answer
My God yes you are right, I know 2 people one got it with the tefaq with a B2 just for a point, and got it even with an expired wp... Anything can happen

Reactions: Immstu

Feri12

Aug 9, 2018
Sorry about that!! How was your interview going? I mean the duration, your impression after interview...?

shawnlauzon

Jan 9, 2017
Category........
QSW
I'm going through a similar ordeal. I applied for the PEQ / Temporary skilled worker programme, and as proof of my French level, submitted a diploma "with distinction" and transcript after completing CEFR-625 Conversation Française Niveau 6. This should have been sufficient for granting the CSQ. Before that I took two courses at YMCA, but didn't include those in my packet, which on afterthought would have been a good idea.
  • 28 aug Submitted paperwork
  • 4 sept Received paperwork letter
  • 19 sept Deeper examination letter
  • 9 oct Interview scheduled for 23 oct
  • 23 oct Interview
  • 6 nov Intention de refuser - I demonstrated production niveau 5 but need comprehension and production niveau intermédiaire avancé.
Now I have until 6 December to send more information. I'm considering sending a letter to them explaining the situation and that I complied with the rules. I would also include information on previous classes, as well as a letter from my teacher stating my quality as a student (I'm pretty sure she would remember me, I was near the top of the class).

BTW I'm from the US and work in IT, with the NAFTA special class worker of Computer Systems Analyst. I also had planned (truthfully) to study French FT to become native-level fluency, but didn't want to leave my job until I received the CSQ.

Chofi

Aug 19, 2013
Thanks for sharing your story, my humble opinion is that maybe you should go and sit for the tefaq right away if you think they made a mistake in your level, I really don't think adding letters or any other thing that is not their officials exams, would help in something, as they already checked your level. But that's just my opinion, good luck and keep posting about your status

burakertas

Nov 9, 2018

Thank you
- I haven't taken any other exam rather than Concordia certificate which took my whole summer and more than a thousand dollar. When i took that course there was no such interview process and PEQ is still accepting Concordia certificate. That's the first scum !

- I got my interview 1 month after i applied PEQ. It was very casual interview and the moment i told the lady that i am working at Champlain Project, than we talk over almost an hour because she was super interested with the details. After that she was congratulating me and shaking my hand. I dont think it is a behaviour you gave a person after very unsuccessfull interview. I am sure she was ok with my french. Scum 2 !

- They dont even give you the chance to proof your french by taking other eaxms. They give me 1 month to supply new documents since that my french was not good. getting a spot for the next tefaq exam and plus waiting for the result takes months. This is scum 3 !

-What is the whole point of PEQ ? adapting and keeping those grad students by giving them fast track application, encouraging them to stay in quebec and settle down. I am the perfect example, completed my studies in Concordia, already working as an engineer by using french, than they refused my application. scum 4 !

-I am seriously thinking that they refuse applications based on racial check. This is totally disgusting. I am Turkish.

-Seriously asking all, working at one of the biggest project of North America, dealing with all foremans and workers from all over quebec and still my french level is 5 ? This is super messed-up!

Last edited:

burakertas

Nov 9, 2018

- Fair point my friend. Totally agree with you.

Reactions: Immstu

burakertas

Nov 9, 2018
HI Guys....I went to continuing education and I received refusal intention letter. I have decided to take TEFAQ and apply again. I am just wondering if we can apply more than once for the PEQ
you can not apply for the 2nd time because they consider that you supply incompleted documents from the first time. Basically they call you liar and giving you punishment by not giving you the second chance. Sorry for that !

Last edited: