+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ REJECTED

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I find it funny that this firm is spinning a language incompetency issue into racial bias.
I agree with you. Contrary to it, As most of the students are from particular racial background (India, Chinese and Middle Eastern), the firm keeping up with the legal ethos is also right in profiling it.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I find it even funnier, that the dysfunctionality of their own french learning system and that the institutions have given out certificates that do not reflect the student's level of french is now somehow the fault and problem of the student-PEQ applicant...
Very well said. First of all MIDI doesn't mention interview anywhere on their site and secondly what are the checks to keep a tab on these quick buck french learning colleges. I am sure thousands have sieved through in the past using these certificates only. Very few international students genuinely want to learn french and these colleges are exploiting this mentality only.

Varun.nurav13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Well I did my french from CSMB and i really feel they do teach good french as now i am able to make a conversation and understand almost everything but the fact is I am not really level 7 too, the things is we should not forget this are school like other school college and university for example a concordia university students miss a point or credit to pass his degree and teacher saw that he did good all through the course and unfortunately miss a point they pass them and i am sure it happens everywhere
And its same like ielts to if a person have 8 band doest mean he have 8 on all right its the cummlative average on all 4

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Well I did my french from CSMB and i really feel they do teach good french as now i am able to make a conversation and understand almost everything but the fact is I am not really level 7 too, the things is we should not forget this are school like other school college and university for example a concordia university students miss a point or credit to pass his degree and teacher saw that he did good all through the course and unfortunately miss a point they pass them and i am sure it happens everywhere
And its same like ielts to if a person have 8 band doest mean he have 8 on all right its the cummlative average on all 4
To some extent I agree. Did you go to CollegeMac? Received your csq?
Thanks

Albara743

Nov 7, 2017
To reapply for your PGWP there’s no need for a LMIA. Just update your passport and apply for it again. I applied for a PGWP extension in August and i got it a week ago. I have my MIDI interview next week. What type of questions do they usually ask? Also i got my B2 certificate from College Canada :/

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
To reapply for your PGWP there’s no need for a LMIA. Just update your passport and apply for it again. I applied for a PGWP extension in August and i got it a week ago. I have my MIDI interview next week. What type of questions do they usually ask? Also i got my B2 certificate from College Canada :/
What I heard is that it's not very intensive interview and if your french is in passable range (even though it maynot come upto B2 level) they will let you through. Even though there have been 300 or so refusals more than 200 passed the interview. Unfortunately Canada college is also a quick buch 45 hour B2 program college. French taught at vocational college is not upto the standard as well. Because of these reasons I enrolled in Uni. Of Montreal frnech course. Its of longer duration adn much more expensive also.

Reactions: Albara743

mine_blue_sky

Nov 18, 2014
1. Send all the documents asked by MIDI.
2. Take TEFAQ. Score B2 in Listening and Speaking. Send TEFAQ result to MIDI to prove your French proficiency.
I had the same situation as erick_ortega. So I took TEFAQ exam and send the results (B2 for both) to MIDI before the due day. However, I just received a rejection letter from MIDI. They do not accept the result of the exam as the results are not obtained while I sent the application of CSQ.....

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I had the same situation as erick_ortega. So I took TEFAQ exam and send the results (B2 for both) to MIDI before the due day. However, I just received a rejection letter from MIDI. They do not accept the result of the exam as the results are not obtained while I sent the application of CSQ.....
Congrats on getting B2. I guess you can apply again for PEQ-CSQ (not sure if you have to pay 779 CAD again) as you have valid results now. MIDI is behaving very irrationally.

Where did you do your french course : EMSB, LBP, Jade or any other vocational college.
For some specific reasons MIDI is targetting students from vocational colleges and their affiliates who operate from shanties in different places in Montreal.

Last edited:

Albara743

Nov 7, 2017
I had my interview last week :( haven’t receive the results yet :( i honestly understood everything and i know i am capable of talking but i don’t know if i am fluent enough... what did you end up doing at the end? I thought the TEFAQ was enough to demonstrate a B2 level! Why wouldn’t they accept it

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Feel sorry for you. As @Immstu mentioned above, you should be able to send another CSQ application with TEFAQ scores.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I had my interview last week :( haven’t receive the results yet :( i honestly understood everything and i know i am capable of talking but i don’t know if i am fluent enough... what did you end up doing at the end? I thought the TEFAQ was enough to demonstrate a B2 level! Why wouldn’t they accept it
All the best buddy. Can you share your interview experience here as it will help people with similar situation as yours. Thanks

Albara743

Nov 7, 2017
All the best buddy. Can you share your interview experience here as it will help people with similar situation as yours. Thanks
They record the whole conversation. The first question she asked was “tell me about yourself” then mostly i had to talk about my country and city. They also ask you to compare the disadvantages and advantages of any topic. In my case it was “advantages of living downtown and living in the west island”. They can also ask questions about any current issue happening in Quebec or Canada, so be ready to be aware of anything. The conversation lasts about 20-30 minutes. If you are working be sure to ask for job recommendations since this might help.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
They record the whole conversation. The first question she asked was “tell me about yourself” then mostly i had to talk about my country and city. They also ask you to compare the disadvantages and advantages of any topic. In my case it was “advantages of living downtown and living in the west island”. They can also ask questions about any current issue happening in Quebec or Canada, so be ready to be aware of anything. The conversation lasts about 20-30 minutes. If you are working be sure to ask for job recommendations since this might help.
Thanks as it will be very helpful for people going for interviews.

Wishing you good luck for your interview results. As a student we invest lot of our money, time and hard work to achieve our aim of PR. MIDI should atleast put it on their page that peq graduates maybe called for interview. Page still shows that anyone with final transcript of B2 is eligible for PEQ Quebec Graduate CSQ and there is no interview in there. Very wrong. If they want to take some action, take it against the fast track colleges who pass everybody to the level of b2.

mine_blue_sky

Nov 18, 2014
I had my french course in College Canada.
I thought having the TEFAQ result will be enough, but apparently they consider my application file is not complete as the exam was taken after the submission of PEQ application.
I just sent out another application for PEQ. I also had the payment again in the application. Since they didn't accept my test results, I would think they want me to have another "complete application".

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I had my french course in College Canada.
I thought having the TEFAQ result will be enough, but apparently they consider my application file is not complete as the exam was taken after the submission of PEQ application.
I just sent out another application for PEQ. I also had the payment again in the application. Since they didn't accept my test results, I would think they want me to have another "complete application".
Good luck for your second application. They should let you through in this application.

I hope you haven't received any directive to apply in Regular skilled worker category after first rejection.