+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ eligibility, two study permits

Mar 22, 2020
hi all,

I have some questions concerning PEQ eligibility.

A few years ago I was studying mathematics as an international student in Quebec. I wasn't considered full time during some semesters and I failed most of my courses before I dropped out.
Now I would like to come back to Quebec to study computer science instead.
I've already completed all the math courses that I need for a computer science degree (about 1/3 of the program). I just have to transfer the credits I got from my math program.

But I'm wondering, once I get my cs degree and ask to join the PEQ, will the immigration look into my math semesters too? Or is it only gonna be about the semesters I did with my current study permit? I feel like they're gonna look into what I did with my old study permit, especially if I use credits I got from it. Am i gonna get refused because of that? (since I wasn't full time)
Should I just take all the math courses again so that my new study permit stay separated from my old one?
Do they also care about what happened during your studies (full time/part time etc..) when you ask for PR as a skilled worker? (not the PEQ route)

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
As for using a new diploma, you can do that without bringing up your old studies :)
IF you have part-time semester in your bachelor degree, you are screwed up for this PEQ stream?? Could I provide them proof that I had medical reason which prevented me to study full-time?