+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ delay for CSQ application 2018

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hi there,

I applied for the CSQ as a skilled worker through the PEQ, supposedly fast track programme. I sent all my documentation off at the end of November 2017. A week after receiving the confirmation of receipt, I get a letter from MIDI saying how it will take a deeper investigation on their part before they can determine whether or not I am eligible for the CSQ. In the letter they also mentioned that they were unable to tell me how long this was going to take. It has now been 3 months and my current visa is about to expire and I don't know what to do.

My application was complete, I passed the Tefaq with a C1 in speaking and a B2 in the listening (higher than the required mark) at McGill, from my understanding, the most legit institution one can get the certificate from. I tried contacting the helpline but they were utterly useless. I found nothing on their website or on the forums about a similar situation to mine. Usually applicants get this treatment if they provide a French certificate form an unrecognised institution, which isn't the case for me.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone know if there is someone I could go to who could help me?

Cheers

hoppi10

Feb 12, 2018
hey i'd like to echo this

my situation is the same. C1 at mcgill in speaking, B2 for listening (at another place).

I'd be similarly keen to understand what option there is for further clarity. when I call the helpline I've been told to "just wait". but for how long and for what reason?

if anyone has any info could you please share it?

Reactions: Ruscoe24

mcaricarmen

Mar 24, 2018
Hi!
I am in the same situation but I applied in January 2018. So I am very interested to know what happened in your case.

Any new from MIDI for you?