+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

vishalptl21

Nov 7, 2015
As mentioned in my previous link, they are delaying all temporary worker applicants from inland too. Unless we bring this to the public, they wont act on this. Probably tip the media.

But then again, because this issue is not affecting the citizens, no one cares what MIDI does.

They are happily giving CSQs for all those refugees within a week at the olympic park though.
We can use the last resort:
https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en/investigations-and-recommendations/investigation-results/immigration-more-than-a-year-process-application-reconsidering-decision

Blackcat1909

Mar 10, 2018
Hello

I am in the same situation. I applied as worker peq on dec 4 and recieved a letter which stated deeper investigation on dec 15 and I haven't had a word from them since then.

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Is there any similar procedure as GCMS notes with Quebec government? The application form mentions "Vous avez le droit de savoir quels sont les renseignements que détient le Ministère à votre sujet et, au besoin, vous pouvez en demander par écrit la rectification." in section "Protection des renseignements personnels." Does it mean that we could request the MIDI for any information regarding our applications (i.e. what documents are they "verifying in detail," etc.)?

hoppi10

Feb 12, 2018
Is there any similar procedure as GCMS notes with Quebec government? The application form mentions "Vous avez le droit de savoir quels sont les renseignements que détient le Ministère à votre sujet et, au besoin, vous pouvez en demander par écrit la rectification." in section "Protection des renseignements personnels." Does it mean that we could request the MIDI for any information regarding our applications (i.e. what documents are they "verifying in detail," etc.)?
I have tried writing a letter and have not had any response

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I have tried writing a letter and have not had any response
As far as I know, MIDI is a black box. There is no use calling customer care.
No one has any idea what they are doing or what their policies are.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
ok, I am Chinese who also wants to apply through PEQ (work) but I heard so many delay (more than 7 months till now) and interview bla bla bla in the PEQ (student) side and of course I was only talking with Chinese so I thought all the massive delay (7months is......too much) is only happening to Chinese people, now I know it's happening everyone, even PEQ work.

For all the Chinese students, they are going bananas as they thought MIDI just don't care about Chinese, however, they have more than 2 years work permit to wait away, but myself and everybody else here, we all seem like using up our work permit, mine has 6 months left and that's all.

oh one more thing! As for as I know, some Chinese students got their TEFAQ points lowered down. It means, some students got B2 in (especially Point3/ Mcgill) and after they submitted their PEQ application, their were informed by CCIP that their points were lowered down to A2, B1 ect.after a re-evaluation. Not all of them but some of them but still, it's unbelievable, no?

anyway, I thought PEQ work wouldn't be delay or only Chinese are delaied now I know everybody is on the same page...

Reactions: Immstu

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
ok, I am Chinese who also wants to apply through PEQ (work) but I heard so many delay (more than 7 months till now) and interview bla bla bla in the PEQ (student) side and of course I was only talking with Chinese so I thought all the massive delay (7months is......too much) is only happening to Chinese people, now I know it's happening everyone, even PEQ work.

For all the Chinese students, they are going bananas as they thought MIDI just don't care about Chinese, however, they have more than 2 years work permit to wait away, but myself and everybody else here, we all seem like using up our work permit, mine has 6 months left and that's all.

oh one more thing! As for as I know, some Chinese students got their TEFAQ points lowered down. It means, some students got B2 in (especially Point3/ Mcgill) and after they submitted their PEQ application, their were informed by CCIP that their points were lowered down to A2, B1 ect.after a re-evaluation. Not all of them but some of them but still, it's unbelievable, no?

anyway, I thought PEQ work wouldn't be delay or only Chinese are delaied now I know everybody is on the same page...
Outland applicants for CSQ are screwed anyway. MIDI has also started delaying inland applicants. MIDI is an organization with no transparency and no one to question their actions. The citizens dont care because MIDI's activities wont affect them. So really there is no one to question MIDI's action.
They can take fees and reject applicants as they see fit based on their ever changing rules.

This has to be bought to the attention of Canadian media and regulatory authorities, else MIDI will destroy people's lives. There has been some reports in the media about MIDI's bureaucracy and lack of transparency.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/02/27/des-travailleurs-etrangers-qualifies-oublies-par-quebec

A thread discussing it

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/news-skilled-foreign-workers-forgotten-by-quebecs-midi.546311/

I think we can utilize Quebec's ombudsman if you have been treated unfairly by MIDI. A thread discussing that is here

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/info-unfair-treatment-by-midi-you-can-complain-to-quebec-ombudsman.545351

Some ombudsman cases against MIDI and its results.
https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en/investigations-and-recommendations/investigation-results?conclusion=15&key=

Reactions: s-ingh

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
So I just got my TEFAQ results, I took it at McGill 2 weeks ago. B2 for both comprehension and expression.

I am planning on applying for the PEQ using the graduate route, but am now slightly concerned. So far has this delay only applied to those applying using the skilled worker route?

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
So I just got my TEFAQ results, I took it at McGill 2 weeks ago. B2 for both comprehension and expression.

I am planning on applying for the PEQ using the graduate route, but am now slightly concerned. So far has this delay only applied to those applying using the skilled worker route?
It's kinda funny, bcuz before I came across this post, I thought the delay is only happening to PEQ graduate....Bcuz I know so....many Chinese students are being pending for months (some of them are up to 7 months already).

So I guess, QSW, PEQ work, PEQ graduate, they are all being delayed.

Mar 1, 2018
My neighbour applied in the same day as me. He as a PEQ graduate and I as a worker. He received in 3 weeks and I'm still waiting (2,5 months).

The problem is: MIDI lying for the population, if they add a note in the website saying that there might be cases that could take more than 20, or that some cases will require a deeper investigation, ok. But they don't say that, so, they create a false expectation. Its really frustrating, we planned and invested a lot and because of that we might have to throw away everything. My visa and work permit will expire soon and I can't renew.

Reactions: s4bs94

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Do you guys know if this issue (delay) relates to certain nationalities or it applies to everybody?

My bf is French and he checked everywhere on the internet but he found nothing regarding the PEQ delay..

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I am from Brazil and I know two other guys that are from Brazil and they are facing the same problem.
And both these guys applied through the PEQ worker program, correct?

Is your friend that received it in three weeks using the PEQ graduate route also Brazilian?

Mar 1, 2018
Both that are waiting are PEQ worker, the one that received is from Brazil and applied as a graduated.
For me, its nor related to nationality, its something else