+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People Whose Work Permit Expires waiting for PR Federal stage: What happened to you?

newbieee21312

Jul 5, 2020
Can anyone whose work permit expires while holding a CSQ share their experience?
What was your status after it expires? Were you asked to leave Canada?
How long have you waited in Federal Stage regarding since then.

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
I had ask several companies if they willing to help with close work permit, but you need to pay them first, then they use payroll pay you back, and you do not need to show up.

Still, you can not work for other companies/jobs. Thats make no sense for me since i need $$$to live there, so i waiting back at my home country and waiting until landing coming. At least, i am working and get paid at my hometown lol.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
I had ask several companies if they willing to help with close work permit, but you need to pay them first, then they use payroll pay you back, and you do not need to show up.

Still, you can not work for other companies/jobs. Thats make no sense for me since i need $$$to live there, so i waiting back at my home country and waiting until landing coming. At least, i am working and get paid at my hometown lol.
hello ,i just saw you time line ,did you get ur file nbr or AOR in just one month? its so amazing then ,same here my work permit expired left Canada and now i am waiting at my home country but i have to wait for i guess more than 2 year ,long way to go

newbieee21312

Jul 5, 2020

Why didn't you apply for PGWP? Wow you're so lucky, got in before the system changed.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Plus besides that you need money , what they are proposing is fraudulent. But I’m sure you’re already aware of that

jack20

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
21-10-2020
Can anyone whose work permit expires while holding a CSQ share their experience?
What was your status after it expires? Were you asked to leave Canada?
How long have you waited in Federal Stage regarding since then.
In my knowledge you have rhe option of closed work permit with A75.
Aftet the work permit expires you dknt have a status.

jack20

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
21-10-2020
hello ,i just saw you time line ,did you get ur file nbr or AOR in just one month? its so amazing then ,same here my work permit expired left Canada and now i am waiting at my home country but i have to wait for i guess more than 2 year ,long way to go
Hello Meenaraja,
a question for you after that you send the PR file beside the receipt of the post does IRCC send any other confirmation that they received your file?
(Im asking to be sure that they have at least the file)
Thank you

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
In my knowledge you have rhe option of closed work permit with A75.
Aftet the work permit expires you dknt have a status.
Agree. In Quebec you have to go for CWP whereas rest of Canada has BOWP option while waiting for PR. Some employers refuse job offer process for lack of knowledge on their part about the process.
All in all, employees are at a great disadvantage because they are first at the whims and mercy of MIFI for csq and then because of quota choking by current government files have piled up at IRCC (though the reason advocated for it's covid-19 which hasn't affected much files from provinces other than Quebec) and secondly some uncooperative employers exacerbate the CWP process. I personally don't see much hope for Quebec. Province and it's people would be losers in the end and not the temporary workers/students whose talent/skills would put them on a better path in other provinces.

Reactions: AlexCosta