+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PENDING NOD 1YR 9MONTHS!

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
I submitted it on the same day as you, but my application was not processed until October 11, 2022. The medical examination passed on October 11, and there is no update now. Are you single?
I assume this has to do with my PR application. I am not single. I'm her with my spouse and 3kidz and we all got our PR cards same day.

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
This is an extremely unusual situation. There has to be more to this situation. Is the minister involved?
My friend received a negative decision months before I initiated this discussion. He still never told me the truth, but I found out via a life assurance broker we both use. Not sure he needed my help as I taught.

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
My friend received a negative decision months before I initiated this discussion. He still never told me the truth, but I found out via a life assurance broker we both use. Not sure he needed my help as I taught.
Actually this was the first thing I taught when I read this thread last year, the story was super wierd and strange.

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
The wait is extremely unusual. There has to be something more going on or the case has something unusual that requires a lot more research and consideration. Were they ever part of the military in their home country? Part of any organization of concern to Canada? Did this person come straight from their home country to Canada and file for asylum? Has there been any dramatic changes in their home country since they filed for asylum? What was their groups for asylum? Are asylum claims from his home country common and commonly approved? What has his lawyer said about the wait and reasons for the wait?
This is usual, it depends on your country of citizenship, and your case. It took me 2 years 8 months to get my hearing, and then 4 weeks to get a positive decision, and now PR in process. Pray hard and wait patiently. God is faithful and Merciful, He knows what we all go through in this life.

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
Hello Folks, I am sharing a friend's experience to know the possible way out of his current situation.

He had his RFG hearing sometimes in Jan 2020 and no decision has been received till date. This is an estimation of 1year 9months waiting period. I really feel for him cos I had my RFG hearing 2weeks after his and I have since received a decision and now a PR.

In my friend's case, he is neither here nor there, I read frustration all over him all the time. His lawyer claimed they can't move forward not until a decision is given to provide a clear direction towards pr, if decision comes positive, or an appeal if negative.

All responses and advice would be by highly appreciated.

Merci!
This is usual, it depends on your country of citizenship, and your case. It took me 2 years 8 months to get my hearing, and then 4 weeks to get a positive decision, and now PR in process. Pray hard and wait patiently. God is faithful and Merciful, He knows what we all go through in this life.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I got a Negative Decision last week after waiting 6weeks for the NOD. Do i have to pay my lawyer a new fee for the appeal cos am so confused right now. And the decision says i have to Notify RAD within 15days of my intent to appeal.
My timeline below
Claimed Refugee October 2021
Hearing July 4th 2022
Hearing PostPone to September 13th 2022
Was a very turf and interrogating hearing that lasted for 3hours , cos there was a Minister intervention and the Member didn’t give decision on the spot.
NOD arrive my mailbox on November 25th and was a Negative one, he rejected based on Credibility.
Did you respond bad to the minister’s questions ? Were his questions difficult ? My first hearing was cancelled due to the minister’s intervention and I have received a new short hearing notice with the minister’s intervention for June. Hope it will be alright.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you read the post you would know that this friend was under the false impression that their friend had been waiting almost 2 years for their NOD when in fact they had been denied asylum and had not been honest with their friend.

Reactions: WATCHTOWA

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
If you read the post you would know that this friend was under the false impression that their friend had been waiting almost 2 years for their NOD when in fact they had been denied asylum and had not been honest with their friend.
And he is still exhibiting the same false impression. I understand some people find it shameful, or not comfortable telling people when they get a negative decision, or when there are issues with their refugee claim. I believe in speaking out when in trouble.

Minister intervened in my refugee claim in 2020, and my lawyer as at that time refused to keep representing me at the same time. It was as if my whole world was crumbling right in front of me and my pregnant wife became so agitated. I had two options, either to keep mute, do things my way and probably get things more complicated or speak out so those with similar experience could guide me. After 30mins, I stepped out to see my friend whose matter is the subject of this thread, he introduced me to his lawyer, the lawyer told me my story was superb and doesn't need any addition, we agreed terms of service, he got me a hearing date 2weeks after, had my hearing 3mths later and got a positive NOD 5months after my hearing. We don't know who has the solution to our matters at times, and keeping quiet when in trouble is not always the best!

Reactions: Simba112

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
okay I see. Honesty is the key to success, if one hides the truth, he or she may end up not getting right solutions to the problem, and this is where delays and denials set in. Good luck to him/her.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
okay I see. Honesty is the key to success, if one hides the truth, he or she may end up not getting right solutions to the problem, and this is where delays and denials set in. Good luck to him/her.
Yes honestly is key to success but there are many who think asylum is easy to obtain and aren’t true asylum seekers. Many take their chances or are lead to believe that they will easily be able to obtain asylum in Canada they just need to get to Canada. We don’t know what the story is with regards to OP.