+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC will not be issued due to implied status.....Please Help !!

gauty9

Sep 25, 2014
Hi ,

I have recieved an ITA on 18 DEC. My workpermit is expired and i have applied for my extension to stay as a visitor before my workpermit expired(so currently i am in implied status). I went to BLS International to apply for PCC certificate and they told me that I cannot apply as I am not in Study/work status. That means i cannot get PCC from india.So i guess i cannot apply for Express Entry without PCC. :(

I have also received an invitation for OPNP. Will it be better to apply for PNP first and reject my ITA or is there a way out .Please help

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gauty9 said:
Hi ,

I have recieved an ITA on 18 DEC. My workpermit is expired and i have applied for my extension to stay as a visitor before my workpermit expired(so currently i am in implied status). I went to BLS International to apply for PCC certificate and they told me that I cannot apply as I am not in Study/work status. That means i cannot get PCC from india.So i guess i cannot apply for Express Entry without PCC. :(

I have also received an invitation for OPNP. Will it be better to apply for PNP first and reject my ITA or is there a way out .Please help

hi,

bls will require you valid permit whether it is work/study/visitor which is not expired when you apply for PCC.

so please send them visitor application confirmation document that you received while you apply for visitor visa. also attach your last expired work permit and attach an explanation stating your situation.

also confirm with them on phone.

ans tell them as you have applied for visitor visa you are living legally here on implied status and this is the application number in the attach document. and tell them i have got invitation to apply for pr so it is urgent to get pcc within 60 days.

also oopnp requires a valid status so dont apply on implied status. as they will ask you for additional document and they will process untill you have valid visa. so this is not a good idea. just convince bls.

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
You could try authorizing any family members of yours to get a PCC for you from your local police station in India and mail it to you. Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rohit11t said:
You could try authorizing any family members of yours to get a PCC for you from your local police station in India and mail it to you. Not sure if it will work but worth a try.
as per cic url:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

if you live outside india you need to get it through nearest indain embassy so bls is the only option.

but if you still want to try and take a risk then apply to SP in your area or apply through this psk website :

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
PCC will be issued even you are in implied status. Please contact indian consulate and get the confirmation from them. Attach the email communications with application form. It worked for me.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
gauty9 said:
Hi ,

That rule has been removed, Now we can apply even if we are in implied status. We or BLS need to take approval for our case from conciliate. Send an email to conciliate general of India (Toronto office) they will respond withing day or two Take print of that email along with other required document with you when you go to BLS. I think you should be fine. ...thanks

Reactions: pritpalkaur95

bipin123

Apr 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/04/2016
AOR Received.
1/04/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/04/2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi,

Did you applied for PCC? And what is updates about that? Because i am in same boat. Ao i want to know how can i apply for that?

Thanks

av

Jan 21, 2015
@gauty9

I suggest to call/visit Indian consulate and they should be able to help you. It opens at 9 AM and not so crowded.

gauty9

Sep 25, 2014
Hi Lovejit,

Good god its been a while coming back to this forum and reading the thread backwards just gave me chills...!! ( In the end all goo though )

You are eligible to apply for PCC even when you are in implied status. But BLS will not accept your file. So if I assume you live in Toronto please go to indian embassy at sherbourne and talk with them and a letter is issued by the Vice consul general. Submit this letter and rest of the documents to BLS .

Good Luck !!

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
I went to 365 Bloor street , Toronto - Indian consulate and they also ask for same thing.

Is sherbourne office is something else?

Can you give me idea what i have to say there?

bhagatkhaira95

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I am also in same boat right now. Anyone here who is from Vancouver jusridiction for PCC. What should I do now I am stuck because I am on implied status and I need to submit PCC whereas IRCC only wants us to get PCC from nearest consulate which is Vancouver. Please reply with any suggestion. Would really appreciate. I applied for visitor visa before my work permit expired.

annie11

May 16, 2019
I am also in same boat right now. Anyone here who is from Vancouver jusridiction for PCC. What should I do now I am stuck because I am on implied status and I need to submit PCC whereas IRCC only wants us to get PCC from nearest consulate which is Vancouver. Please reply with any suggestion. Would really appreciate. I applied for visitor visa before my work permit expired.

Hi. What's the update on your situation? Did you get the PCC? Please let me know what happened.

bhagatkhaira95

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi. What's the update on your situation? Did you get the PCC? Please let me know what happened.
Yes I did got the pcc actually i wrote about my situation to one of the consulate who deal with pcc in vancouver embassy about this he said you can apply for pcc and just show the printout of the email conversation. Along with my bls pcc documents checklist I submitted the copy of my conversation 2with consulate and in which he said you can still apply for pcc even with expired work permit.

Reactions: psharma85

annie11

May 16, 2019
Yes I did got the pcc actually i wrote about my situation to one of the consulate who deal with pcc in vancouver embassy about this he said you can apply for pcc and just show the printout of the email conversation. Along with my bls pcc documents checklist I submitted the copy of my conversation 2with consulate and in which he said you can still apply for pcc even with expired work permit.
Thank you for replying. So you didn't have to wait for your visitor visa to be processed?
I applied for visitor visa before my study permit expired and it is being processed so I'm on implied status. So I should contact CGI Vancouver? I'm applying for sponsorship.