+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Validity - Indonesia

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Hello Experts

I have worked in Indonesia from 2010- 2011 , for which I have the PCC issued in Nov - 2014 (but unfortunately my application got returned due to cap got reached) . But it is written on the PCC :

Valid from - 14 Nov 2014
Valid to - 14 May 2015.

Now that I got the FSW invitation , not sure if I can use this PCC . Ofcourse I have not gone to Indonesia after 2011.

Can I still use the same PCC ?

Please suggest.

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
The PCC was good till may 2015! so as it stands right now, you would need to get a new one before submitting your application!

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
KelChiAvan said:
The PCC was good till may 2015! so as it stands right now, you would need to get a new one before submitting your application!
Thanks Avan , wondering I have not been to indonesia after this PCC was issued , so literally I could not have gone there and did some crime.

This PCC was issued based on my stay from 2010 May -2011 May but strange they mentioned the validity. Idelally the validity should stay as long as I have not visited that country country again.

Would attachin the same with LOE help ?

Pls. suggest.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arsh_canada said:
Thanks Avan , wondering I have not been to indonesia after this PCC was issued , so literally I could not have gone there and did some crime.

This PCC was issued based on my stay from 2010 May -2011 May but strange they mentioned the validity. Idelally the validity should stay as long as I have not visited that country country again.

Would attachin the same with LOE help ?

Pls. suggest.
That PCC is valid till you go back and live in Indonesia for 6 months or more in a row.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That PCC is valid till you go back and live in Indonesia for 6 months or more in a row.
Hi Asivad

Thanks again for your thoughtful advise ? Do you think I should go ahead with this PCC , How CIC will react to this ?

Do I need to attach LOE alongside this PCC ?

Else is it good to decline this ITA as getting a new PCC will itself take 1 or 2 month.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arsh_canada said:
Hi Asivad

Thanks again for your thoughtful advise ? Do you think I should go ahead with this PCC , How CIC will react to this ?

Do I need to attach LOE alongside this PCC ?

Else is it good to decline this ITA as getting a new PCC will itself take 1 or 2 month.
You can choose to attach an LOE but there is no reason to decline the ITA on this basis. That PCC is valid indefinitely until you live in Indonesia for 6 months or more in a row again.

To give another example, for the country you currently live in CIC accepts PCCs issued within the last 6 months only. If you were living in Indonesia right now and had a PCC from April 2015, that PCC would be considered invalid by CIC because it is more than 6 months old now even though the PCC is valid till April 2016.

What I mean here is that CIC has their own rules to determine validity of the PCC regardless of whatever the document itself states about its validity.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You can choose to attach an LOE but there is no reason to decline the ITA on this basis. That PCC is valid indefinitely until you live in Indonesia for 6 months or more in a row again.

To give another example, for the country you currently live in CIC accepts PCCs issued within the last 6 months only. If you were living in Indonesia right now and had a PCC from April 2015, that PCC would be considered invalid by CIC because it is more than 6 months old now even though the PCC is valid till April 2016.

What I mean here is that CIC has their own rules to determine validity of the PCC regardless of whatever the document itself states about its validity.
Thanks Asivad , this is a valuable information , definitely helps and make sense. I totally agree with you and beleive I don't to need to attach any LOE then.

Hope CIC concur !!

jhaedin

May 22, 2015
Hi asivad!

I have a question regarding PCC. I got my PCC back home (Philippines) last May 2015. Im about to submit my application on the Oct. 31.
Is my PCC still valid? Its already 6 months on Nov.7. As far as i understand,( from cic website) 6 months validity is where the country your currently resides. Im running out of time because my 60 day deadline is on Nov. 7. Do i have to get a new one?
My 2nd question is Im still waiting for my husband's PCC from Dubai.I applied last July 23 and according to the embassy the processing time is 6 months. I followed up again and they emailed me stating that the PCC is still on process. They even told me that just submit the receipt and they know
(immigration) that it takes 6 months to process. I have an LOE and I'm gonna attach the official receipt, together with the email conversation with the consular section of Dubai Embassy. Will this be valid for the immigration officer? Is it okay to include the emal?
Thanks in advance Asivad :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhaedin said:
Hi asivad!

I have a question regarding PCC. I got my PCC back home (Philippines) last May 2015. Im about to submit my application on the Oct. 31.
Is my PCC still valid? Its already 6 months on Nov.7. As far as i understand,( from cic website) 6 months validity is where the country your currently resides. Im running out of time because my 60 day deadline is on Nov. 7. Do i have to get a new one?

If you haven't lived in the Philippines after getting that PCC, it is still valid as the 6 months rule doesn't apply in this case.

My 2nd question is Im still waiting for my husband's PCC from Dubai.I applied last July 23 and according to the embassy the processing time is 6 months. I followed up again and they emailed me stating that the PCC is still on process. They even told me that just submit the receipt and they know
(immigration) that it takes 6 months to process. I have an LOE and I'm gonna attach the official receipt, together with the email conversation with the consular section of Dubai Embassy. Will this be valid for the immigration officer? Is it okay to include the emal?

That's the best you can do here. Applicants have got extensions in the recent past to submit their FBI PCC which has similar timelines.

Thanks in advance Asivad :)

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
I have visited Indonesia country on Visitor VISA for business purpose (I was not on Work Permit as it was kind of Sales meeting so visiting for meetings and seminars.) 10 time in between 2010 to 2012 so it total time is 191 days (more than 6 months). Any visit to that country is not more than one month as Visa on Arrival is for one month only.

As per above please correct my understanding,
From 1st stmt - As i am not living in that country and I have not stayed any time for more than 1 month so I do not require to have PCC from Indonesia country.
From 2nd stmt - It is mandatory if I have reside in any country total more than 6 months.

So it is total confusing. Please any one help me to guide in this case.

If I need to get PCC from Indonesia then will I be able to get PCC ?

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
gaurang.parmar said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist
I have visited Indonesia country on Visitor VISA for business purpose (I was not on Work Permit as it was kind of Sales meeting so visiting for meetings and seminars.) 10 time in between 2010 to 2012 so it total time is 191 days (more than 6 months). Any visit to that country is not more than one month as Visa on Arrival is for one month only.

As per above please correct my understanding,
From 1st stmt - As i am not living in that country and I have not stayed any time for more than 1 month so I do not require to have PCC from Indonesia country.
From 2nd stmt - It is mandatory if I have reside in any country total more than 6 months.

So it is total confusing. Please any one help me to guide in this case.

If I need to get PCC from Indonesia then will I be able to get PCC ?
I really need help ... Somebody please give an idea/direction