+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Required?

Litethesko

Jun 5, 2023
Hey Guys,

We did the soft landing from USA to Canada on August 2019. I came back after couple of months for an Interview in Toronto. Later we moved to India for a long vacation from October end to Jan end. I came back to Canada on Feb 2 2020.

1. Do I need to submit PCC from USA or India as we left after soft landing and came back to Canada permanently after 6 months?
2. I visited atleast once in that 6months for an interview, but my family came back only after March 6 to Canada from India. Do they need PCC from USA or India?

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
I think the criteria is staying continuously in a country for 6 months. So technically you don't meet the criteria.

However, if it's not too much of a hassle I'd suggest submitting any relevant documents they could possibly request from you while processing your application. This will avoid delays.

I also moved from US and there was only a couple months overlap in the 4-yr period preceding application. But I submitted FBI background check along with the application.

Good luck!

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I would suggest to submit FBI and indian pcc as well. It will avoid unnecessary delay. Getting fbi clearance is very easy. Getting indian pcc is also very easy from bls, although it takes 6-8 weeks. The process is simple though.

ssuganth

Aug 23, 2020
In the last 4 yrs, I was in India (my country of origin) for 10 months continuously before coming to Canada on work permit. After coming to Canada I applied and became a PR. My citizenship eligibility date is this month end. Should I require a Police Clearance Certificate for my case?

In below link it was mentioned if we are in our country of origin before becoming PR then it is not required. See Question 10 in below link.
Note: I came to Canada from India and then applied for PR and got it and not on landing. My time in India before coming to Canada comes in this 4 years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
I think the criteria is staying continuously in a country for 6 months. So technically you don't meet the criteria.

However, if it's not too much of a hassle I'd suggest submitting any relevant documents they could possibly request from you while processing your application. This will avoid delays.

I also moved from US and there was only a couple months overlap in the 4-yr period preceding application. But I submitted FBI background check along with the application.

Good luck!
If you are not exceeding 6 months stay then it is not needed. In fact we did soft landing in Jan 2018 went back to US after a few days and then moved only in Sep 2018. We applied for citizenship in April 2022 - as per 5 year eligibility period I had not exceeded 6 months stay (though it is 8 months from Jan to Sep). I just explained this in LOe - did not provide FBI PCC - and it was fine - we already got our LPP and are scheduled for oath later this month. So if it’s not needed - you should be ok.