+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC INDIAN EMBASSY CHICAGO

Syed1989

Oct 23, 2016
Hello

1. Does anyone know how much time does the Chicago Indian embassy take to issue PCC?
2. Do they keep your passport even if you go in person to apply? what if we have travel plans?

Thanks

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi... I am in the same Boat .. I need the PCC from Indian Embassy . Was wondering if there is anyone who has done this recently ??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
1) go to this website http://indianconsulate.com
2) look up contact phone number
3) dial phone
4) speak and ask
5) report back here

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
1) go to this website http://indianconsulate.com
2) look up contact phone number
3) dial phone
4) speak and ask
5) report back here
WoW!!!! thank you.... You're the best .... So very Helpfull

If The website was so clear i would not have had to ask the question here...
If I do find out i will post it your highness!!!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
spikegin said:
WoW!!!! thank you.... You're the best .... So very Helpfull

If The website was so clear i would not have had to ask the question here...
If I do find out i will post it your highness!!!
You're so right!
Ok, go to Google and type "indian consulate chicago phone number"

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ms-android-orange-gb&ei=11sOWNHnD6rXgAayyq7gBQ&q=indian+consulate+chicago+phone+number&oq=indian+consulate+chicago+phone+number&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0.4247.9160.0.9329.28.20.1.8.8.0.204.2944.0j18j2.20.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..13.15.1031...41j0i22i30k1.ZZAGSyfFPw4

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Syed1989 said:
Hello

1. Does anyone know how much time does the Chicago Indian embassy take to issue PCC?
2. Do they keep your passport even if you go in person to apply? what if we have travel plans?

Thanks
They send it back to you within 7-10 days.
I think they do keep it and then you have to pick it up once its ready. If you have travel plans, you would need to plan accordingly.
AFAIK, the only thing about applying in person is you saving the mailing time to and from the consulate.

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arc_1090 said:
They send it back to you within 7-10 days.
I think they do keep it and then you have to pick it up once its ready. If you have travel plans, you would need to plan accordingly.
AFAIK, the only thing about applying in person is you saving the mailing time to and from the consulate.
Thank you for the info ....
My passport was issued by Chicago Embassy and I remember reading somewhere that the PCC can be issued the same day if its at the passport issuing office .
I tried calling them yesterday but no response . Will Check again.

Syed1989

Oct 23, 2016
i tried calling them many days, they dont respond at all....Please let me know if you find anything.....thanks

m.p.s.r

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
I am going to the Indian consulate in Chicago on Oct 31st.

We have a dedicated whatsapp group with 50+ people from US trying through EE.

You are welcome to join the same. Just pm the phone number.

Best,
mpsr

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m.p.s.r said:

Best,
mpsr

We intend to go there the first week of november . My passport was issued by the Chicago Embassy but my spouse has a Passport issued In India .I hope It doesn't take long for Clearance... We are also planning to get our medicals done the same day ...
Hope it goes as Planned....

Do let us know your experience....

Cheers!!!

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello All,
I have recent travel plans so cannot risk mailing passport. Requesting humbly can anyone guide me on this query ?
If I visit the embassy in person (DC in my case) how much time would it take to get the PCC and do we have to submit passport there in that case ?

satish1947

Aug 3, 2017

Best,
mpsr

Hi,

Can you provide the link to the group or add me, My No is 832-652-8327. Thanks!!

Prateek Chawla

Jun 23, 2017
Hello

Thanks
Chicago Indian Embassy is very quick. If you stay in Chicago they have a same day service. That is you apply for PCC in the morning and you get it during there pickup time of 3:30-5pm. If you are outside Chicago it can take 4-5 days because of mail.
Also, they keep the passport and return it with the mail.

Reactions: cvish92

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

I will be applying for Indian PCC in Chicago Consulate through mail since I cannot visit in person. I called their office this morning (9/22/2017) and I was told that I do not need to send original passport if I send a notarized copy of my first & last page of passport.

Obviously it will be a relief for me if I don't have to send my current original passport through mail and still have the PCC done. The instruction in their website says otherwise but maybe it was not updated.

Did anybody here apply for PCC through mail without sending original passport and still got accepted?

Thank you.