+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC INDIAN EMBASSY CHICAGO

HDI

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone still trying to get PCC from Indian Embassy Chicago or got it done recently?

sahil9385

Dec 14, 2017
Hey I am in the same boat. I sent my Nationality Verification form 2 weeks ago. Is there a way to check status or estimated time ?

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Chicago Indian Embassy is very quick. If you stay in Chicago they have a same day service. That is you apply for PCC in the morning and you get it during there pickup time of 3:30-5pm. If you are outside Chicago it can take 4-5 days because of mail.
Also, they keep the passport and return it with the mail.

Thanks a lot ! This helps many users.

-Vishnu

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I recently applied for PCC through Chicago Embassy, since I was living in wisconsin I mailed my documents to the consulate.

Their website says you have to send original passport, but you no need to send your original passport - Get the Bio Page notized and send that copy.
I spoke to the consulate officer to ask whether I can get the PCC on the same say - He said no same day PCC. ( Since I have two passport, one issued in India which was expired and one issued by Chicago Consulate. My old passport was issued in India, they have to verify it with Regional Passport Office in India, so it will take 2 - 4 weeks. But I got my PCC in a week. )

If you can get the PCC on same day that's good, but please call them before going.