+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Philippines while in the US

roomba

Mar 19, 2017
I am a US citizen living in the US. I will need a PCC from the Philippines and am attempting to do this. The instructions on the CIC website say:

"If you live outside of The Philippines:

You should apply in person at your nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate or by mail to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Head office (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). Your NBI Clearance will be returned to you by mail.

Alternatively, you may have a relative or representative in the Philippines apply on your behalf. To do so, you must provide him/her with written authorization to submit your NBI application and all required documents. Your NBI Clearance will be returned to your representative."

The nearest Philippine Embassy to me is in Ottawa. I went there, filled out the form, got fingerprinted, provided photos and paid my fee. I was then told by the embassy employee I was working with that I needed to have someone in the Philippines personally deliver the form to NBI in Manila for me for processing, that the embassy did not do this and, if I sent the form, etc. via courier, it would just be ignored.

I don't have anyone to do this for me. What do I do now?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I am a US citizen living in the US. I will need a PCC from the Philippines and am attempting to do this. The instructions on the CIC website say:

"If you live outside of The Philippines:

You should apply in person at your nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate or by mail to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Head office (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). Your NBI Clearance will be returned to you by mail.

Alternatively, you may have a relative or representative in the Philippines apply on your behalf. To do so, you must provide him/her with written authorization to submit your NBI application and all required documents. Your NBI Clearance will be returned to your representative."

The nearest Philippine Embassy to me is in Ottawa. I went there, filled out the form, got fingerprinted, provided photos and paid my fee. I was then told by the embassy employee I was working with that I needed to have someone in the Philippines personally deliver the form to NBI in Manila for me for processing, that the embassy did not do this and, if I sent the form, etc. via courier, it would just be ignored.

I don't have anyone to do this for me. What do I do now?
You'll need to grant power of attorney to some third-party businesses that do this, like this one:
https://www.facebook.com/PakisuyoCenterManila/

Reactions: roomba