+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India and Singapore

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Hello, my 90 day period after receiving ITA is ending on 09 November 2017. And i have not yet submitted my application because I was unsure until now. However I am now thinking to go ahead. I am an Indian currently in Singapore. So I need the following

1. PCC from Singapore >> I have read that I can just upload a letter saying Singapore is asking for a requisition letter and that CIC will later provide such letter using which I can get the PCC from singapore. Is that true?

2. PCC from India>> same as above

3. Employment reference letter >> MY company won't write jobs and responsibilies so I have asked my senior colleague to write a statutory declaration. Will that work?

4. Medical>> I hope to get it done from singapore at the end of this month.

My question is - Am I too late? I am assuming that CIC will take around a month to provide those requisition letters for PCC after I submit all other documents. What if those letters come after 9th November? Will I still be eligible to apply?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You have 2 options for Singapore COC:
1) Submit your application with the request letter from IRCC for the COC, or

2) You can apply for your COC now with your ITA and a PDF copy of the CIC document checklist from the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

I did the latter. I got my COC a month after I applied for the e-Appeal, so you still have ample time before 9-Nov. I'm also a resident of SG.

For option #1, you will have to wait for the IRCC letter then apply for the COC, which will take longer time. However, this your best option if you have an accompanying spouse, who also needs a Singapore COC, since your ITA does not include his/her name, whereas it will be included in the IRCC letter.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
You have 2 options for Singapore COC:
1) Submit your application with the request letter from IRCC for the COC, or

2) You can apply for your COC now with your ITA and a PDF copy of the CIC document checklist from the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

I did the latter. I got my COC a month after I applied for the e-Appeal, so you still have ample time before 9-Nov. I'm also a resident of SG.

For option #1, you will have to wait for the IRCC letter then apply for the COC, which will take longer time. However, this your best option if you have an accompanying spouse, who also needs a Singapore COC, since your ITA does not include his/her name, whereas it will be included in the IRCC letter.
Thank you for replying friend. What if I cross the 90 days deadline waiting for the request letter from IRCC? I will have the medical and other docs ready by the end of this month.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thank you for replying friend. What if I cross the 90 days deadline waiting for the request letter from IRCC? I will have the medical and other docs ready by the end of this month.
If you go for option #1, this is you submit your application with the request for IRCC letter, then you will not cross the 90-days deadline.

For option #2, if you think you will not get the COC before the 90-days deadline (which I doubt it), then go for option 1, submit your application, and for SG PCC, attach an LOE that you have already applied for the COC and waiting for the approval or fingerprinting schedule. Also attach proofs that you indeed applied like the e-Appeal application form and/or fingerprinting appointment.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
For your other queries:
Employment reference letter - yes, you can get it from a colleague, have it notarised (not mandatory but it will be better).

Also upload other documentary proofs of your work such as:
  • tax assessment (I uploaded last 3 years)
  • pay slips in the last 6 months
  • contract or letter of appointment
  • promotion letter
  • I also uploaded my FIN since employer name and designation is indicated on the card
  • LOE why your company is not providing you the required reference letter

Indian PCC - not sure about this, I'm not an Indian. You can check with the other members in this forum or check with the Indian Embassy in Singapore how you can get one.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

Reactions: redsocks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
For Singapore PCC, when you submit the application and wait for a letter from IRCC, you will be given an extension of 60 days to submit the Singapore PCC. Your 90 days deadline will not be important in this case. Once you submit eAPR, 90 days is gone. After that, its the processing time. Once IRCC sends you the letter, you get 60 days to submit the PCC.

For Indian PCC from Singapore, you can show the ITA letter to the Indian Embassy and get the PCC. Do not, I repeat, do not submit your application without Indian PCC as it will be rejected later on coz Indian PCC has no such requirement of having a letter from IRCC.

Reactions: iamxty

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
For Singapore PCC, when you submit the application and wait for a letter from IRCC, you will be given an extension of 60 days to submit the Singapore PCC. Your 90 days deadline will not be important in this case. Once you submit eAPR, 90 days is gone. After that, its the processing time. Once IRCC sends you the letter, you get 60 days to submit the PCC.

For Indian PCC from Singapore, you can show the ITA letter to the Indian Embassy and get the PCC. Do not, I repeat, do not submit your application without Indian PCC as it will be rejected later on coz Indian PCC has no such requirement of having a letter from IRCC.
Thanks Maverick. I didn't know about this 60 days extension, although I have already submitted my eAPR after one month of waiting for the Singapore PCC. :)

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017

Hey, that's surprising because I have to get the Indian PCC from I singapore and it is clearly mentioned on the consulate website that they need a request letter. See point 5 here:

http://www.blsindia.sg/pcc.php

doverraja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Singapore
App. Filed.......
28-11-2017
Doc's Request.
12-12-2017

But ITA does not provide spouse name...May i know how to apply to get Indian PCC from embassy for me and my wife?
thanks

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
But ITA does not provide spouse name...May i know how to apply to get Indian PCC from embassy for me and my wife?
thanks
So do you mean ITA can work as a request letter for Indian consulate? Also, how about my spouse's PCC as I believe the IRA letter doesn't mention her name.
You can print your document checklist or the part where you have mentioned your spouse as dependent in the EE application. A few people got the PCC this way.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
You can print your document checklist or the part where you have mentioned your spouse as dependent in the EE application. A few people got the PCC this way.
Okay but is that the right way? Will the consulate definitely accept all such applications? I ask because there was a similar case where the applicant had to ask IRCC for a request letter because the consulate wouldn't accept anything else

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Okay but is that the right way? Will the consulate definitely accept all such applications? I ask because there was a similar case where the applicant had to ask IRCC for a request letter because the consulate wouldn't accept anything else
I got this information from people who have applied for PCC in Singapore. They faced no issues. I know a case where an applicant was in a deadlock situation because he could not get Indian PCC without the letter from IRCC and IRCC would not issue such a letter for Indian PCC. The application was rejected as incomplete due to this reason. So I'll suggest not to take the path of asking for a letter from IRCC. Rest is up to you. If you want, take a printout of your complete EE profile along with ITA letter. In addition, you can attach the document checklist where it asks for PCC for you and your spouse. I think this will be more than enough to get the Indian PCC. If you face any issues, let me know and I'll try to get you in touch with someone who successfully got the PCC from Indian Embassy in Singapore.

Good luck!

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Guy
I got this information from people who have applied for PCC in Singapore. They faced no issues. I know a case where an applicant was in a deadlock situation because he could not get Indian PCC without the letter from IRCC and IRCC would not issue such a letter for Indian PCC. The application was rejected as incomplete due to this reason. So I'll suggest not to take the path of asking for a letter from IRCC. Rest is up to you. If you want, take a printout of your complete EE profile along with ITA letter. In addition, you can attach the document checklist where it asks for PCC for you and your spouse. I think this will be more than enough to get the Indian PCC. If you face any issues, let me know and I'll try to get you in touch with someone who successfully got the PCC from Indian Embassy in Singapore.

Good luck!
Guys, I am in the same situation. I am waiting for my ITA at 441. Have you guys been able to get the PCC in Singapore and India. Is there a possibility to initiate them before the ITA? FYI - I reside in Singapore currently.