+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC frejected

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Currently I am in process of submitting my ITA application and collecting all the PCCs for all the countries I ever visited. I heard that IRCC officer is asking for PCC irrespective of the length of the stay. I was on a cruise ship from Denmark to Norway during May 2009. I was on Schengen visa and I stayed in Norway for less than 24 hours. I applied for PCC with Norway authorities and got a email reply saying that PCC cannot be issued since there is no proof of residence in Norway. What can I do in this situation if the visa officer asks for a Norway PCC ? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Where have you "heard" that the IRCC is asking for PCCs irrespective of length of stay? That's not what I've heard, and to request a PCC for a <24 visit is going to be challenging no matter what country.

Reactions: jes_ON

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
I am referring to some of the comments made in this forum and also the note from IRCC website that says a visa officer can request PCC from any part of our lives at his or her discretion. The online system is not asking but my worry is what to reply if the visa officer requests one.

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Currently I am in process of submitting my ITA application and collecting all the PCCs for all the countries I ever visited. I heard that IRCC officer is asking for PCC irrespective of the length of the stay. I was on a cruise ship from Denmark to Norway during May 2009. I was on Schengen visa and I stayed in Norway for less than 24 hours. I applied for PCC with Norway authorities and got a email reply saying that PCC cannot be issued since there is no proof of residence in Norway. What can I do in this situation if the visa officer asks for a Norway PCC ? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
To my knowledge pcc is required where you stayed for more than 6 months .

If u try 24 hours pcc . U will get tired piling up pcc only !!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I am referring to some of the comments made in this forum and also the note from IRCC website that says a visa officer can request PCC from any part of our lives at his or her discretion. The online system is not asking but my worry is what to reply if the visa officer requests one.
Then you supply what you are required to supply up front, and if a visa officer randomly decides you need a PCC for a less than one day vacation stopover, you supply them with the response you got from your request. Don't overthink things too much!

A visa officer can request any document they think they need to understand your application. The list is endless. Elementary school grades, etc. Don't go trying to get them yet...

Reactions: jes_ON and nns14

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion. I will upload the email reply from Norway authorities as evidence in case the Visa officer asks for it.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the suggestion. I will upload the email reply from Norway authorities as evidence in case the Visa officer asks for it.
Do not upload it in advance. Wait until the visa officer asks for it.

Don't go and supply things the visa officer has not asked for - you will create questions in the visa officer's mind (why is this person submitting all these things?) and also increase the amount of documents a visa officer must review before deciding your application. If you submit the Norwegian PCC refusal, your file would likely be sent to Canada's Norwegian embassy for review - and it may not have ever needed to go there!

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
I will not submit any documents right now but just want to mention that the Norway stay was less than 24 hours in the LOE.. will that be fine?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Since you have to write dates of travel and you're going to be writing only one day, I'm sure that will come across in the travel history form.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Since you have to write dates of travel and you're going to be writing only one day, I'm sure that will come across in the travel history form.
Yes, it is unnecessary.

Just submit the PCC requested in the document checklist. If officer wants something else later on, he will request through ADR (additional document placeholder which will be visible after AOR).

Do not complicate your application.

Reactions: jes_ON

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes, it is unnecessary.

Just submit the PCC requested in the document checklist. If officer wants something else later on, he will request through ADR (additional document placeholder which will be visible after AOR).

Do not complicate your application.
Exactly.

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Thank you everyone. I submitted the application and haven't mentioned anything related to Norway PCC. Any idea how long do I have if a visa officer asks for an additional document?