Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hi, I am In a process of applying for a spousal sponsorship. My spouse is in India right now, we have a traditional indian wedding before COVID.

We are having hard time getting out PCC because they said she doesn’t have my name on passport, now we are thinking of getting a PCC from the city where she was living before marriage, so my question is PCC from the local police station is valid ?And do we have to get from my city too since she is living with my parents after marriage??!

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hi, I am In a process of applying for a spousal sponsorship. My spouse is in India right now, we have a traditional indian wedding before COVID.

We are having hard time getting out PCC because they said she doesn’t have my name on passport, now we are thinking of getting a PCC from the city where she was living before marriage, so my question is PCC from the local police station is valid ?And do we have to get from my city too since she is living with my parents after marriage??!
Yes, local police station PCC works.
Marital status in the PCC application should match with the passport. You can only put married in the PCC application (for PSK) if your spouse’s name is in the passport. There isn’t any issue at all if you apply declaring yourself as single for the PCC.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Just to add on, I had both the PCCs (from PSK and local police station) and neither of them had my marital status in it though I declared as married.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Yes, local police station PCC works.
Marital status in the PCC application should match with the passport. You can only put married in the PCC application (for PSK) if your spouse’s name is in the passport. There isn’t any issue at all if you apply declaring yourself as single for the PCC.
Hi There

i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

My passport doent have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.

How did you proceed with PCC - can we just say single ? Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in canada.
Will it create any problem with PR process / PCC ?

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

How did you go about it. Can u please advise. - really stressed cos of this.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
If you mentio
Hi There

i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

My passport doent have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.

How did you proceed with PCC - can we just say single ? Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in canada.
Will it create any problem with PR process / PCC ?

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

How did you go about it. Can u please advise. - really stressed cos of this.
If your status changes from Single to Married when submitting the request then the police will enquire about the marriage otherwise they won't. They will just simply verify your address.

As far as PR process goes, you will need to submit a government verified document of your marriage. PR process is separate from PCC so even if you don't mentioned married for PCC, it wouldn't be a problem but you need to prepare government verified documentation to prove your marriage else you will run into issues.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
If you mentio

If your status changes from Single to Married when submitting the request then the police will enquire about the marriage otherwise they won't. They will just simply verify your address.

As far as PR process goes, you will need to submit a government verified document of your marriage. PR process is separate from PCC so even if you don't mentioned married for PCC, it wouldn't be a problem but you need to prepare government verified documentation to prove your marriage else you will run into issues.
I have the marriage registered. But it wasnt registered in India. My spouse also got spouse work permit.

my question is can i mention as single on the PCC form - Will it create any issues.

my passport doesn't have spouse details

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I have the marriage registered. But it wasnt registered in India. My spouse also got spouse work permit.

my question is can i mention as single on the PCC form - Will it create any issues.

my passport doesn't have spouse details
What if during verification, a family member of yours reveals you're married? Usually it's never an issue since they are only interested in verifying your address mentioned on the passport