+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for Canada

Bally1123

Jun 16, 2017
Hi all,

I have received the ITA and am currently collecting documents for PR submission.
For PCC, can you please advise me as my personal history is as follows:
Age 18-19: lived in Canada (was on student visa)
Age 19-23: lived in USA.
23+ : UAE and UK.

I have pcc from Uae, USA and UK.
I believe I don't require PCC from Canada, but do I still need to mention that I lived there? On the application there is no place where they have asked for my personal history prior to 10 years or 18yrs of age(I am 38yrs old).
Do I need to mention in the Loe that I lived in Canada(although it is not asked explicitly)? Also could you confirm that I don't require pcc from Canada?

Thanks in advance for your replies

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all,

I have received the ITA and am currently collecting documents for PR submission.
For PCC, can you please advise me as my personal history is as follows:
Age 18-19: lived in Canada (was on student visa)
Age 19-23: lived in USA.
23+ : UAE and UK.

I have pcc from Uae, USA and UK.
I believe I don't require PCC from Canada, but do I still need to mention that I lived there? On the application there is no place where they have asked for my personal history prior to 10 years or 18yrs of age(I am 38yrs old).
Do I need to mention in the Loe that I lived in Canada(although it is not asked explicitly)? Also could you confirm that I don't require pcc from Canada?

Thanks in advance for your replies
For the PCC, please go to this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html. You do not have to submit a PCC with your application, however, while the application is being processed, they might ask for a PCC.

You don't have to mention that you were in Canada when you were 18, because that is more than 10 years ago. Same is the case with your stay in USA. This is applicable for travel history as well.

After ITA, you will have a form 'Personal History' within your application. In this form, you have to fill Personal activities, Travel History and answer statutory questions.

Reactions: Bally1123

myousuff

Mar 8, 2018
Hi, yes I was asked pcc for the time i lived in Canada, which was more than 10 years ago. I think it might depend on case to case basis though.
Thanks, you didn't mention it in your personal history so how did they come to know about your stay?

Bally1123

Jun 16, 2017
Thanks, you didn't mention it in your personal history so how did they come to know about your stay?
Hi,
I am so sorry I just came across your reply now. I had mentioned it myself I'm the LOE that I stayed there. That's why they requested.

Maverickboy

Oct 2, 2018
Hi All,

I have got my ITA today. I have a quick question for the experts here. In 2014, I was in the US for 131 days i.e. c.4 months. Do I need a PCC for US as well.

Can anyone please guide me regarding the same.

Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,

I have got my ITA today. I have a quick question for the experts here. In 2014, I was in the US for 131 days i.e. c.4 months. Do I need a PCC for US as well.

Can anyone please guide me regarding the same.

Thanks
No you should not need it...
Once you work on your application you will see a personalized checklist which will guide you to provide the relevant documents. There you will see which PCC you need to submit.