+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for Canada PR : which option to choose for purpose for PCC?

Neohere

Feb 8, 2019
Hi all,
I have come across a couple of threads regarding this but it's still unclear. What to choose among the two options while applying for police clearance certificate in India for CANADA PR :
1. "Residence Permit"
OR
2. "Immigration Purposes Other than citizenship"
-Which one is correct??can u please guide what did u choose&howwas the outcome??It will be really helpful.

Neohere

Feb 8, 2019
2. Immigration purpose...... mine worked perfectly
Thanks for the reply. Could you let me know if your PR application was accepted? And what was the statement written on your PCC certificate? I saw a couple of statements online but still under confusion which one comes out after selection of this option "Immigration Purposes Other than" citizenship.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Yes my PR application approved.. It was written ".....there is no adverse information received against ...Name... which would render him ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA.."

Nikhil Chhoda

Aug 10, 2018
Yes my PR application approved.. It was written ".....there is no adverse information received against ...Name... which would render him ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA.."
Hii sir,
I and my wife got our pcc but on my pcc it is mentioned dat it is for IMMIGRATION purpose but on my wife s pcc it is written dat it is for LONG TERM VISA/STAY in canada
N my wife is primary applicant
Do u think dere is any problm if it is mentioned long term visa on her pcc??

Aug 26, 2017
Hi @ashwani.m ,

I am really in-need of your help in here. Mine is a predicament which I am not at all able to solve. (In the below case, I am applying as a single applicant)

1) Me and My wife don't have our names added in our passports. It's the same as that we've received before our wedding
2) Now I want to renew my wife's passport since I need to apply passport for my kid as well. Since the mnedicals require my kids passport also (which I was not at all aware of)
3) Also I require a PCC for both of us.

Issue: Next nearest appointment date for the Tatkal quota is 10th of June which is nearly 20 days time. My deadline is June 30th.

My Plan:

1) Get PCC with our old passports and apply for renewal for my wife and fresh issue for my kid
2) Get the mnedicals done after getting the new passports for my wife and kid
3) Write an LOE to the immigration officer that for the purpose of medicals, I needed my wife's passport to be renewed for the sake of my kid's passport.

Please advise me the safe and best way to proceed. I'd be so grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Vignesh

athomsonk

Apr 18, 2023
Hi Ashwani, did your wife's PCC get approved? Mine also says long term visa stay so I'm a bit concerned

Saranya PL

Jun 5, 2023
Hello everyone..
For taking PCC what kind of purpose we need to select for caregiver? Is it Employment or Residence permit? Got a request for PCC and it's an emergency.. please help me