+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC delayed post ITA

Nov 29, 2020
We got the invitation to apply on October 14th, 2020 and deadline is 13th Jan, 2021.

We have received all the documents except for PCC for my husband for India. (He currently lives in US and has obtained the FBI clearance document). We followed up with the local police station, but seems it was delayed due to unknown reasons and doesn't seem likely that PCC will be available before 13th Jan.

We had applied for PCC on the 11th of November, 2020.

Now it seems there are two options -
Upload a Letter of Explanation saying the PCC is on its way OR
Decline the Invite and re-enter the pool.

Total CRS score is 471. Will it be a good idea to decline ?

I am confused because we don't know if CIC will consider the LOE for the missing PCC and there will be no refund in case of a refusal.

If we decline the invite, is it risky for an application with 471 point score. The last cut off was 468. Please help!!

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
We got the invitation to apply on October 14th, 2020 and deadline is 13th Jan, 2021.

We have received all the documents except for PCC for my husband for India. (He currently lives in US and has obtained the FBI clearance document). We followed up with the local police station, but seems it was delayed due to unknown reasons and doesn't seem likely that PCC will be available before 13th Jan.

I am confused because we don't know if CIC will consider the LOE for the missing PCC and there will be no refund in case of a refusal.

If we decline the invite, is it risky for an application with 471 point score. The last cut off was 468. Please help!!
LOE with all supporting documents should be good, meanwhile whenever you get your PCC submit it using webform. You are good.

Reactions: princesslolasheru

a-kumar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
You should do your utter best to explain the reason for the PCC delay in LOE (try procuring an official note/letter from police station issuing PCC regarding the delay and submit it as supporting document, if possible).

Declining the invite is a huge gamble given how fickle CRS tends to be at times. At least, I personally would not feel comfortable declining it.

killswitch

Oct 1, 2020

Was in the same boat few months back. Wrote an LOE stating the same and provided screenshots conversing with the indian consulate ppl.(you can raise a query form in the same site where you raised the PCC). Reached out to the concerned Police station after which the PCC was processed within days. I suggest you do the same. I am in the USA and I got my PCC from India processed within 2 weeks. After you get it raise a web query form in ircc website and attach the PCC along with your Application number. It gets picked up in couple of days. Call them and let them know the entire process you went through. Hope this helps. Good Luck

P.S: Don't decline the invite. Submit the application with the LOE and the screenshots.

Nov 29, 2020
Ok, so LOE makes sense then. Thanks! We have reached out to the consulate and have proof of the same along with receipt showing we sent the request more than 2 months ago.

killswitch

Oct 1, 2020
Ok, so LOE makes sense then. Thanks! We have reached out to the consulate and have proof of the same along with receipt showing we sent the request more than 2 months ago.
That should do it. Also reach out to the respective police station and expedite the PCC. If you know anyone from the police department the better. You can reach out to them directly and ask them to push the PCC process faster. I did the same and i got the PCC in 2 weeks. Good luck!

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023

@princesslolasheru What did you end up doing?