+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Bahrain from India

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello all,

For Bahrain PCC the CIC website states:

"Return to Bahrain and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Bahrain, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the Criminal Investigation Directorate (CID) and follow the instructions above."

Unfortunately I do not know anyone currently in Bahrain to support with this so I contacted the Bahrain Consulate in Mumbai, India and they said they will take 3 months to issue PCC. And we have already received ITA.

Does anyone know any alternative sources to get this document? While checking this forum I noticed that some people have said that in LoE you can give an explanation saying that this is a country that requires letter from IRCC to issue PCC.

What have others done in this case?

Last edited:

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello all,

For Bahrain PCC the CIC website states:

"Return to Bahrain and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Bahrain, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the Criminal Investigation Directorate (CID) and follow the instructions above."

Unfortunately I do not know anyone currently in Bahrain to support with this so I contacted the Bahrain Consulate in Mumbai, India and they said they will take 3 months to issue PCC. And we have already received ITA.

Does anyone know any alternative sources to get this document? While checking this forum I noticed that some people have said that in LoE you can give an explanation saying that this is a country that requires letter from IRCC to issue PCC.

What have others done in this case?
Hello, does anyone have any idea?

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
I did a lot of research and a few phone calls to figure out the entire process. Posting it for the benefit of everyone here. For making it clear: I reside in India now and I had worked previously in Bahrain.

My first option was to speak to the Bahrain Consulate and Embassy (in Mumbai and New Delhi respectively) and check how they could help me with it. They informed me that 3 months is what it takes if I go through Embassy/Consulate and they say in some cases it has taken more than that as well, so they don't guarantee.

Next I spoke to an agent who was suggested by the Embassy staff. He sent me the documents and again said it takes 2 months. When I asked him if this is very urgent, how soon can he arrange it.... his reply was a month. He was asking for Rs. 3500. But finally I decided to do it directly with the help of an old friend in Bahrain because from Bahrain it takes only 5 working days.

The process:
1. Download the form. Fill it up. Link to the form - http://www.bahrainconsulate.com.ph/good-conduct-certificate/ (but I personally used a different form with 3 pages which had columns for fingerprints and authorized sign and seal from police). Make sure you do it from Police Station and not from a lab. I had confirmed with Bahrain officials regarding this and they specified that they require authorized seal and signatory of a Police Official, sub-inspector or higher.
2. If in India, go the police station/commissioner office, get them to do your finger prints. I did it by paying a fee of Rs. 500 for the process at commissioners office (where we apply PVC for jobs) and got my fingerprints taken at local police station. The finger print has to be in black ink. Usually there is another prescribed format for taking fingerprints at the police station. But you can take the Bahrain form along and do it at the same time. If they are not willing to do it, you can attach what you get from the police station.
3. Once your application is done, take photocopies of CPR, Residence permit in passport, entry exit pages and visa page. If you have a new passport, do include front and back photocopies of the same.
4. 3 passport size photos with white background. (I was unsure if it is white or dark blue, I included both)
5. 1 BD application fees. (put it in that envelope as well.)
6. Letter of request from you indicating the purpose.
7. Authorization letter (if someone else is going on your behalf)

I had spoken to the officer in this number (0097317714202 from sun-thu, working time I'm guessing as 9am to 4pm). Since I had someone take care of the delivery part, I didn't bother asking for the address but only reconfirmed the documents required.

My Good Conduct Certificate got issued in 5 working days. Thanks to my friend!

snana

Aug 18, 2014
I did a lot of research and a few phone calls to figure out the entire process. Posting it for the benefit of everyone here. For making it clear: I reside in India now and I had worked previously in Bahrain.

My first option was to speak to the Bahrain Consulate and Embassy (in Mumbai and New Delhi respectively) and check how they could help me with it. They informed me that 3 months is what it takes if I go through Embassy/Consulate and they say in some cases it has taken more than that as well, so they don't guarantee.

Next I spoke to an agent who was suggested by the Embassy staff. He sent me the documents and again said it takes 2 months. When I asked him if this is very urgent, how soon can he arrange it.... his reply was a month. He was asking for Rs. 3500. But finally I decided to do it directly with the help of an old friend in Bahrain because from Bahrain it takes only 5 working days.

The process:
1. Download the form. Fill it up. Link to the form - http://www.bahrainconsulate.com.ph/good-conduct-certificate/ (but I personally used a different form with 3 pages which had columns for fingerprints and authorized sign and seal from police). Make sure you do it from Police Station and not from a lab. I had confirmed with Bahrain officials regarding this and they specified that they require authorized seal and signatory of a Police Official, sub-inspector or higher.
2. If in India, go the police station/commissioner office, get them to do your finger prints. I did it by paying a fee of Rs. 500 for the process at commissioners office (where we apply PVC for jobs) and got my fingerprints taken at local police station. The finger print has to be in black ink. Usually there is another prescribed format for taking fingerprints at the police station. But you can take the Bahrain form along and do it at the same time. If they are not willing to do it, you can attach what you get from the police station.
3. Once your application is done, take photocopies of CPR, Residence permit in passport, entry exit pages and visa page. If you have a new passport, do include front and back photocopies of the same.
4. 3 passport size photos with white background. (I was unsure if it is white or dark blue, I included both)

I had spoken to the officer in this number (0097317714202 from sun-thu, working time I'm guessing as 9am to 4pm). Since I had someone take care of the delivery part, I didn't bother asking for the address but only reconfirmed the documents required.

Thanks Anoop. Do you have the contact details of the agent? If so please share across, as I do not have any contact in Bahrain anymore.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Thanks Anoop. Do you have the contact details of the agent? If so please share across, as I do not have any contact in Bahrain anymore.
Hello. I suggest you call the office in Bahrain (contact number in my post), they were also willing to send the PCC via post. Since I knew someone there I chose to take that person's support. I also have the number of an agent who was suggested by staff of Consulate/Embassy but I can not vouch for the agent as I haven't used his services. If you wish to have that number I can DM it to you.

snana

Aug 18, 2014
Hello. I suggest you call the office in Bahrain (contact number in my post), they were also willing to send the PCC via post. Since I knew someone there I chose to take that person's support. I also have the number of an agent who was suggested by staff of Consulate/Embassy but I can not vouch for the agent as I haven't used his services. If you wish to have that number I can DM it to you.
Thanks Anoop. I'll give a call to the Bahrain office. Meanwhile please share the contact information for the agent too. Thanks a lot for your qucik response and help.

god.is.great

Nov 16, 2017

The process:

Hi Anoop,

I'm planning to apply for a good conduct certificate for my stay in Bahrain (during year 2011-12). I have a few queries, it would be really great if you can help me, since you already received the same.

In the application form, there are few sections like "Address", "Employment Details", do I need to fill my current address and employment details ?
I'm currently in Canada and working here, so do I need to fill with my current details?

Also for the section "Non-Bahraini", do I need to fill the details ? If yes, what is
1. C.R No.
2. Name of Sponsor:
3. Tel. No: Is it my current telephone number?
4. Residence Permit: Is it the dates for my residence permits ? I was in Business Visa for few days and then moved to Work Permit (residence permit), so do I need to mention all the dates ?
5. Permanent Address: Is it my permanent address in India ?

Also do I need to provide a copy of my CPR ? Its been more than 5 years I left Bahrain, so I destroyed the card physically. But CPR no. is available in my Bahrain residence permits. Is that fine ?

Kindly please help me regarding my queries.

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hi Anoop,

I'm planning to apply for a good conduct certificate for my stay in Bahrain (during year 2011-12). I have a few queries, it would be really great if you can help me, since you already received the same.

In the application form, there are few sections like "Address", "Employment Details", do I need to fill my current address and employment details ?
I'm currently in Canada and working here, so do I need to fill with my current details?

Also for the section "Non-Bahraini", do I need to fill the details ? If yes, what is
1. C.R No.
2. Name of Sponsor:
3. Tel. No: Is it my current telephone number?
4. Residence Permit: Is it the dates for my residence permits ? I was in Business Visa for few days and then moved to Work Permit (residence permit), so do I need to mention all the dates ?
5. Permanent Address: Is it my permanent address in India ?

Also do I need to provide a copy of my CPR ? Its been more than 5 years I left Bahrain, so I destroyed the card physically. But CPR no. is available in my Bahrain residence permits. Is that fine ?

Kindly please help me regarding my queries.

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hello,

Address , employment details : I filled my current residence address and current employment details.

1. CR number : I left it blank since I also had no clue.
2. Name of sponsor : that's your Bahraini employer. So write the company name there.
3. Tel no: this is your Bahraini company tel no since you have already given your Tel no above.
4. Residence permit: you have to get all the duration of your stay covered. But I strongly believe they issue the PCC based on residence permit only, since my stay was shorter than visa validity period but they issued a PCC for entire duration of my residence permit. I suggest you keep a copy of your business visa along with your residence permit copy in your documents. Also mention the dates in the application appropriately.
5.permanent address: as in your passport, of which you will be sending a copy to them.

They did mention copy of CPR in the documents required and I think it's mandatory. If you have a scan copy then make sure you send it. In case you don't have it, give a call to the above Bahrain Cid phone number I posted and ask for their view. Probably they will suggest you another option.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything more.

Cheers!

god.is.great

Nov 16, 2017
Hello,

Address , employment details : I filled my current residence address and current employment details.

1. CR number : I left it blank since I also had no clue.
2. Name of sponsor : that's your Bahraini employer. So write the company name there.
3. Tel no: this is your Bahraini company tel no since you have already given your Tel no above.
4. Residence permit: you have to get all the duration of your stay covered. But I strongly believe they issue the PCC based on residence permit only, since my stay was shorter than visa validity period but they issued a PCC for entire duration of my residence permit. I suggest you keep a copy of your business visa along with your residence permit copy in your documents. Also mention the dates in the application appropriately.
5.permanent address: as in your passport, of which you will be sending a copy to them.

They did mention copy of CPR in the documents required and I think it's mandatory. If you have a scan copy then make sure you send it. In case you don't have it, give a call to the above Bahrain Cid phone number I posted and ask for their view. Probably they will suggest you another option.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot Anoop for your detailed reply. It helped indeed.

I've a couple of more queries, it would be great you can suggest:

1. Does CID Bahrain require any letter from CIC for issuing the good conduct certificate ? I mean can we request the certificate before getting ITA?
What was the case for you ? You applied before getting ITA or after ?

2. As per the requirements, it does not look mandatory for CPR card if we are not staying in Bahrain anymore?
http://www.mofa.gov.bh/Default.aspx?tabid=149&language=en-US
I can give them a call and confirm on this.

3. I'm little worried for the dates, since for first 17 days I was in Business Visa and was then converted to Residence Permit/Work Permit (this was done inside Bahrain only and I did not have to leave Bahrain during that time frame). If they issue PCC only for the dates in which I was in Residence Permit, then it will not cover the entire stay which is not desired.

Kindly please suggest me for the above things.

Thanks,
Saikat

Ayrton

Dec 19, 2017
Hello,

First thanks for your post it helps me a lot !

I have two questions if you don't mind:

1) Where did you found the form with fingerprints columns? I only manage to find the one without fingerprints columns:(
2) I have no one in Bahrein but can I send the form through DHL or UPS directly to the adress of the CID ?

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Thanks a lot Anoop for your detailed reply. It helped indeed.

I've a couple of more queries, it would be great you can suggest:

1. Does CID Bahrain require any letter from CIC for issuing the good conduct certificate ? I mean can we request the certificate before getting ITA?
What was the case for you ? You applied before getting ITA or after ?

2. As per the requirements, it does not look mandatory for CPR card if we are not staying in Bahrain anymore?
http://www.mofa.gov.bh/Default.aspx?tabid=149&language=en-US
I can give them a call and confirm on this.

3. I'm little worried for the dates, since for first 17 days I was in Business Visa and was then converted to Residence Permit/Work Permit (this was done inside Bahrain only and I did not have to leave Bahrain during that time frame). If they issue PCC only for the dates in which I was in Residence Permit, then it will not cover the entire stay which is not desired.

Kindly please suggest me for the above things.

Thanks,
Saikat
Sorry to reply you so late.

1. My case I applied after the ITA. That means i attached the print of ITA and a request from my end addressed to cid. It worked and no further documents were asked by cid Bahrain. Hopefully it should work with a request letter for you as well.

2. I would recommend you to call for this and confirm.

3. Try your best to get the dates included. Again speaking to cid officials should help. Else mention in the letters of explanation regarding this. Also since your date of stay was prior to your residence permit, any cases would prevent you from getting a good conduct certificate later. Everything is linked in their database as far as in know. You can mention this point in your letter of explanation of it comes down to that. Usually the officials at Cid office are nice and helpful. Do speak to them.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello,

First thanks for your post it helps me a lot !

I have two questions if you don't mind:

1) Where did you found the form with fingerprints columns? I only manage to find the one without fingerprints columns:(
2) I have no one in Bahrein but can I send the form through DHL or UPS directly to the adress of the CID ?
Hello. Sorry for the late reply.

The form with finger prints column,I found it online. But then while I was writing this thread,I couldn't find the link. I have saved a copy of the form in my computer, if you need it I can send it to you by email. Basically it doesn't matter if you have that page or not, you need fingerprints of all the 10 fingers, both the sides of your hands with your small finger sides as well, both the palm impressions taken from a police station. This can be taken in a blank A4 sheet and signed sealed by the police inspector.

You can send it to their address, and they will post it back to you. It takes a lot of time since they use standard post. You can call the number i have mentioned here and get the correct address of CID office. Do ask them if you can pay them extra and they can courier it to you. Since all you need is a good colour scan copy, you can check with them on whether they can provide you with that first.

Cheers

jerinjack

Jun 20, 2017
Hello, does anyone have any idea?
hi, i have already submitted my papers with the Bahrain Consulate in Mumbai, they did mention that it will take nothing less than 2 months for this.. You think it is recommended to do my own paper works on the side as one of my friend is more than willing to hhelp me out from Bahrain.. Also how did you manage the CID office procedure? Would be great if you can help out with this.