+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Arriving after my Canada PR application due date

incomingAbg

Aug 25, 2019
My due to submit the Canada PR application is Sep 5. Looking at SFO Indian embassy responses for processing the PCC I think I might miss the deadline. My question is what happens if I miss the deadline to submit the PCC. If I call IRCC and tell them about my situation, will they give me any extension?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, you don't get an extension.

You will have to submit a complete application (with only the PCC missing) by Sep 5. In your submission, write a LoE explaining that you applied for the PCC but don't have it yet through no fault of your own. Attach proof that you applied - your receipt from the Indian consulate will do.

Once you get the PCC, you have to upload it through the IRCC Webform

IRCC will accept the application and wait for you to upload the PCC. They wait a reasonable period of time, at least a month or two.

incomingAbg

Aug 25, 2019
No, you don't get an extension.

You will have to submit a complete application (with only the PCC missing) by Sep 5. In your submission, write a LoE explaining that you applied for the PCC but don't have it yet through no fault of your own. Attach proof that you applied - your receipt from the Indian consulate will do.

Once you get the PCC, you have to upload it through the IRCC Webform

IRCC will accept the application and wait for you to upload the PCC. They wait a reasonable period of time, at least a month or two.
Thank you for the prompt response. I submitted my PCC application through mail. All I have is FedEx receipt which clearly shows the address of SFO CGI, with tracking number. I also have the return shipment receipt from CGI to my address. Do you think all of these would be sufficient to show as a proof that I applied?

Btw, I tried sending email to CGI SFO at misc@cgisf.org but it got bounced back saying this email is invalid. If you have their email address would you mind sharing it. Appreciate all your help!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for the prompt response. I submitted my PCC application through mail. All I have is FedEx receipt which clearly shows the address of SFO CGI, with tracking number. I also have the return shipment receipt from CGI to my address. Do you think all of these would be sufficient to show as a proof that I applied?

Btw, I tried sending email to CGI SFO at misc@cgisf.org but it got bounced back saying this email is invalid. If you have their email address would you mind sharing it. Appreciate all your help!
Yes, the FedEx receipt + return shipment receipt is enough. I don't know the email.