+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC and RCMP request, but weird thing in the application

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I got a request to upload PCC for me and my wife, and RCMP for me only, even though my wife is living in Canada for 1+ years. We uploaded a pregnancy deferral letter with her medicals, could that the reason why? When she completes her medicals, will she get a RCMP request?

Additionally, both PCC request slot (to upload the document) are in the section under my name and no slots under my wife's section, does it make a difference?

Overall, does that mean our application is considered complete, translations and proof of funds are ok?

thanks

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they don't need the RCMP from everyone, only if someone with a criminal record has a similar name or personal details as an applicant they request it to make sure its not them.
Just means someone with details like yours is in the system and they want to make sure its not you.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
ultra99 said:
I got a request to upload PCC for me and my wife, and RCMP for me only, even though my wife is living in Canada for 1+ years. We uploaded a pregnancy deferral letter with her medicals, could that the reason why? When she completes her medicals, will she get a RCMP request?

Additionally, both PCC request slot (to upload the document) are in the section under my name and no slots under my wife's section, does it make a difference?
The slot shouldn't matter. If they request both, be very sure to include both.

Overall, does that mean our application is considered complete, translations and proof of funds are ok?
It means someone looked at your application, and decided you needed a police cert. They might have checked other things first, and that was all that stood out. They might have checked that first, and not gotten to the rest. Unfortunately, there's no way to know.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I've reading about the RCMP, but I'm a bit confused. I read I have to go to a police station but then somewhere else mentions a private company. I live in Waterloo, any ideas?

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
You can call waterloo regional police service at 150 maple grove rd, Cambridge for an appointment. I wouldn't go to the Drivercheck.
5196508500 x 8900.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
thanks, all!

I went to the regional police services and issued a Police Criminal Record Check, and was given to me on the spot. They didn't take my fingerprints or photo, is that normal? Is it only done if the criminal record was positive?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
thanks, all!

I went to the regional police services and issued a Police Criminal Record Check, and was given to me on the spot. They didn't take my fingerprints or photo, is that normal? Is it only done if the criminal record was positive?
Is it from the RCMP or the local police department?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
dobes said:
Is it from the RCMP or the local police department?
Waterloo Regional Police Services

They told me they don't do fingerprints unless explicitly requested. From my understanding, if you have a criminal record you need to do fingerprints.
http://www.wrps.on.ca/your-police-service/policing-support-services/print-day-information

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
ultra99 said:
thanks, all!

That's weird. Normally if you tell them that you need a rcmp criminal check for immigration, they will set up an appointment for electronic fingerprinting for you.
You can get a local police check without fingerprinting, but this is not for immigration.
I would suggest you call them to confirm that they didn't misunderstand you. But you have to mention rcmp, immigration.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
cindy2006 said:
That's weird. Normally if you tell them that you need a rcmp criminal check for immigration, they will set up an appointment for electronic fingerprinting for you.
You can get a local police check without fingerprinting, but this is not for immigration.
I would suggest you call them to confirm that they didn't misunderstand you. But you have to mention rcmp, immigration.
I did. They said they ONLY do basic record check for immigration according to RCMP policies. If i want fingerprints, I have to go to a 3rd party agency.
Does CIC ask for fingerprints?

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
ultra99 said:
I did. They said they ONLY do basic record check for immigration according to RCMP policies. If i want fingerprints, I have to go to a 3rd party agency.
Then I don't know because my husband did his fingerprinting check. What did the letter from CIC say? Did you go to the regional service at Cambridge? Sorry I am confused too.

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
http://www.wrps.on.ca/your-police-service/policing-support-services/print-day-information

Waterloo police will not process fingerprinting for immigration. There are 2 options in the Waterloo area.

DC Clinics, 8-31 McBrine Drive, Kitchener (formerly L1 Identity Solutions)
http://www.drivercheck.ca/services/other-services/
Tel: 519-748-4658

OTS Services, 20 Anglerock Dr., Cambridge
http://sitekreator.com/ots/main_page.html
Tel: 519-620-0936 | Fax: 519-620-4294 | email: otsservices2004@gmail.com
Please call or email ahead for an appointment.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
DriverCheck is the one I'm going to. They said it takes 1-4 weeks. Wow, I thought much less than that...