+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC 90 days validity question

ad2310

Jul 2, 2009
I've read on this forum many times that PCC are good for 90 days, my lawyer says they are usually are good for 1 year. I don't really trust him as he has been somewhat laid back and careless. I tried to research but couldn't find any official statement on CIC website. Could anyone post a link or give the source of 90 days validity? Appreciate your responses, thanks, Andy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ad2310 said:
I've read on this forum many times that PCC are good for 90 days, my lawyer says they are usually are good for 1 year. I don't really trust him as he has been somewhat laid back and careless. I tried to research but couldn't find any official statement on CIC website. Could anyone post a link or give the source of 90 days validity? Appreciate your responses, thanks, Andy
From How to Obtain a Police Certificate at www.cic.gc.ca

"Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.

PMM

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Hi PMM,
what is "the date before you submit the application"? submit to Sydney or regional visa office?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Application submission date (Lock-in-date) is always your initial application to NS date in FSW Fast Track

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks! I am awaiting initial response from Sydney, and I was thinking about appying for police cert. right now. However, I am worried about the possibility of my docs being returned b/c I did not completely write out my occupation in the IMMgeneric form. (
It did not fit into the field, and I simply forgot to add a couple of letters by hand. how stupid is that?).

Anyway, If they return my application and I will have to resubmit it to Sydney again, what will be the date? the date of first or second submission?

ad2310

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks PMM and all others for your input. Hopefully I don't have to go through the process again as I am hoping to get a resonse from Sydney before it.