+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment page is down? Soooooo slow and CIC charged me twice....

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Cc is charged with no receipt first time. What is the guarantee of transaction being successful if I try again...server is still so slow . I have emailed cic and will wait if they can send me the receipt , also if my cc transaction is posted in few days then I can be sure that payment went through. This is crazy!!! Hopefully they respond soon . Don't know how many people are in the same boat. ☹
ahhh I'm definitely on this boat......... but I'm happy now at least I sent the application out today.... Good luck to you~;)

andy47

Oct 11, 2017
is there an alternative payment like money order or certified check payment?i don't want to be charged twice by their online system, it might take 20yrs to get a refund Lol

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
is there an alternative payment like money order or certified check payment?i don't want to be charged twice by their online system, it might take 20yrs to get a refund Lol
I think online is the only method. I saw it somewhere mentioned that online payment is the only payment method accepted on CIC website... no money order acceptable.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
My Visa card and my debit card were both charged 630$ but server was slow and never issued a receipt, can someone help me how can I get back 1260$. I am afraid I don't even have any confirmation number to follow up with CIC

It might take a few days but call your bank to explain so they have that on record

rdbr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
**-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Hang in there and don't touch the page; let it go through. if it gives an error hit F5 to re-load the page and keep waiting. It works in the end and you receive the email.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Agreed!!!! Waiting a few more days is not going to make much of a difference ..atleast I don't want the stress of paying them multiple times and then stressing out on how to get a refund ...I am going to wait and see how my CC is charged and act accordingly ....there system should be getting less busy in coming days...
Smart move am applying next week as well when the dust has settled

Reactions: JoeOs and ecstrom

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Same thing happened with me, first time when I paid, server was slow and I didn't get receipt and I am charged on my Credit Card. Sencond time it went through and I got receipt, now my CC says I am charged twice, hope I am able to get back one pay
Jesus, I received my first payment receipt from CIC at 3:07am last night! but the card number and expire date and card holder name are all missing.... should I call my bank or CIC to ask for refund.... grrr.....

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
My Visa card and my debit card were both charged 630$ but server was slow and never issued a receipt, can someone help me how can I get back 1260$. I am afraid I don't even have any confirmation number to follow up with CIC
Jesus, I received my first payment receipt from CIC at 3:07am last night! but the card number and expire date and card holder name are all missing.... should I call my bank or CIC to ask for refund.... grrr.....

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
My payment went thru and I got a confirmation email and receipt the next day after paying on 10/11.

shabx

May 30, 2011
I sent my application today. Payment and Physical Presence Calculators were extremely slow. After entering credit card details, the receipt page pdidnt show up. I clicked on the receipts section on the right and even that would not load up. But receipt was delivered to my inbox in time - should have looked there first!

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
I sent my application today. Payment and Physical Presence Calculators were extremely slow. After entering credit card details, the receipt page pdidnt show up. I clicked on the receipts section on the right and even that would not load up. But receipt was delivered to my inbox in time - should have looked there first!
I didn't receive my first payment receipt until 3am today and it looks also incomplete, info like card #, expiry date and car holder name are all missing.... im not sure whether this is a successful transaction. I will wait till my bank post this transaction and then ask for CIC for refund.

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
I didn't receive my first payment receipt until 3am today and it looks also incomplete, info like card #, expiry date and car holder name are all missing.... im not sure whether this is a successful transaction. I will wait till my bank post this transaction and then ask for CIC for refund.
I don't have those info either but my bank has authorized the transaction (not posted yet).

theone

Star Member
Nov 1, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2006
Doc's Request.
october 2010
File Transfer...
may2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
I had the same problem this morning. I called the Bank and they told me that the transaction went through, still pending! I did not receive a receipt, checked my email nothing there as well.

What happened with you guys? Should I wait or call / e mail the cic?

Thank you

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
I had the same problem this morning. I called the Bank and they told me that the transaction went through, still pending! I did not receive a receipt, checked my email nothing there as well.

What happened with you guys? Should I wait or call / e mail the cic?

Thank you
Well based my on experience, I didn't;t receive my first payment receipt until 3am this morning (I made the transaction around 2pm yesterday tho). You may expect to receive your receipt tonight. But the receipt looks incomplete. I tried second time yesterday and the website provided me the receipt instantly and also sent me the email (the second payment receipt looks completed with full info). sooooo maybe we could wait till your bank posted your transaction before mail your application to CIC? I also called my bank yesterday and they told me the first payment was approved but still pending. Who knows whether it will go through eventually.....

surya99

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
guys anyone have any idea for those who didnt get their payment receipts what are their options because CIC is not transferring their call to their representatives. What are other ways to get receipt. I spoke to the Credit Card provider and he confirms that CIC got the money and transaction was successful.