+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment page is down? Soooooo slow and CIC charged me twice....

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Oct 11 14:15pm: Soooooooooooooo slow. I should make the payment in this morning.... :(

Oct 11 14:51pm: nightmare, I clicked the process button and then the webpage went into error. I checked my bank account and they already processed $630. But I did see the receipt.... what should I do....:eek:

Oct 11 14:56pm: ahhh I tried a second time. it was approved. now I have a receipt on hand. but I really worry about that CIC charged me twice....o_O

Oct 11 17:00pm: called my bank and they suggest me to wait for a few days to see whether the first payment will be posted eventually.:oops:

Oct 12 03:00am: Jesus, I received my first payment receipt from CIC last night! but the card number and expire date and card holder name are all missing on the receipt.... it looks like an incomplete receipt. should I call my bank or CIC to ask for refund.... :confused:

Last edited:

aladdinrashad

Oct 11, 2017
My Visa card and my debit card were both charged 630$ but server was slow and never issued a receipt, can someone help me how can I get back 1260$. I am afraid I don't even have any confirmation number to follow up with CIC

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Same thing happened with me, first time when I paid, server was slow and I didn't get receipt and I am charged on my Credit Card. Sencond time it went through and I got receipt, now my CC says I am charged twice, hope I am able to get back one pay

aladdinrashad

Oct 11, 2017
But how can you verify with cIC the payment that you made with no receipt, is it through your name ? I bet might take them over a year to do so since 100's of thousand will apply this week ?

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
But how can you verify with cIC the payment that you made with no receipt, is it through your name ? I bet might take them over a year to do so since 100's of thousand will apply this week ?
before I made the first payment, I printed the page before I click process. so I have the first payment order number and my credit card info in PDF. I will forward it to CIC if in future I need to ask for a refund. I also log into myCIC account. I can only see the second payment receipt there, no info regards to first payment. Note that CIC use Moneries credit card payment service. my guess is Moneries may charge our card but the data transition with CIC didn't go through. As a result, Moneries has our money but CIC has no record with regards to this charge. My bank said wait for a few days and see if both payment are posted. If so, contact the bank again and indicating the first payment transaction was incomplete. But I think I will contact CIC first if this is the case before I call my bank again...

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Same thing happened with me, first time when I paid, server was slow and I didn't get receipt and I am charged on my Credit Card. Sencond time it went through and I got receipt, now my CC says I am charged twice, hope I am able to get back one pay
before I made the first payment, I printed the page before I click process. so I have the first payment order number and my credit card info in PDF. I will forward it to CIC if in future I need to ask for a refund. I also log into myCIC account. I can only see the second payment receipt there, no info regards to first payment. Note that CIC use Moneries credit card payment service. my guess is Moneries may charge our card but the data transition with CIC didn't go through. As a result, Moneries has our money but CIC has no record with regards to this charge. My bank said wait for a few days and see if both payment are posted. If so, contact the bank again and indicating the first payment transaction was incomplete. But I think I will contact CIC first if this is the case before I call my bank again.

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
It is working now
Still not working for me. I am afraid of pushing it again and not getting any reciept . Any suggestions ?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Still not working for me. I am afraid of pushing it again and not getting any reciept . Any suggestions ?
Interesting ... I paid it 10 minutes ago and it was fairly smooth, and I got the email receipt right away , and was directed to the link to download the receipt too... guess it is still not stable enough

Reactions: ecstrom

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Cc is charged with no receipt first time. What is the guarantee of transaction being successful if I try again...server is still so slow . I have emailed cic and will wait if they can send me the receipt , also if my cc transaction is posted in few days then I can be sure that payment went through. This is crazy!!! Hopefully they respond soon . Don't know how many people are in the same boat. ☹

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
They charged my card without any confirmation and email since the transaction timed out while the website was processing my payment. So I think it didn't go thru CIC, but I checked my bank and there it was an authorized transaction of $630. SMH. I called my bank and they said that it will be credited back to my account since there was no confirmation or even email from CIC. Just wait for 3 business days they said. So yeah, I think I'll will have to wait until they smooth and fix things up. It's frustrating really!

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
They charged my card without any confirmation and email since the transaction timed out while the website was processing my payment. So I think it didn't go thru CIC, but I checked my bank and there it was an authorized transaction of $630. SMH. I called my bank and they said that it will be credited back to my account since there was no confirmation or even email from CIC. Just wait for 3 business days they said. So yeah, I think I'll will have to wait until they smooth and fix things up. It's frustrating really!
Agreed!!!! Waiting a few more days is not going to make much of a difference ..atleast I don't want the stress of paying them multiple times and then stressing out on how to get a refund ...I am going to wait and see how my CC is charged and act accordingly ....there system should be getting less busy in coming days...

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Agreed!!!! Waiting a few more days is not going to make much of a difference ..atleast I don't want the stress of paying them multiple times and then stressing out on how to get a refund ...I am going to wait and see how my CC is charged and act accordingly ....there system should be getting less busy in coming days...
it's working now. I just paid for mine just about 5mins ago and i got the email confirmation. Hope this helps