+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
So after submitting a response on the Procedural fairness letter. They decided not to make me inadmissible for misrepretation.
But the officer still refused the application on a different reason saying the following:

"You submitted a letter from xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx The letter stated you have worked xxxx hours
as a Personal Support Worker. However, I noted xxxxxxxxxxxxx did not make any Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance or
Income Tax deductions on your monthly pay. It appears you have worked as a self-employed/independent contractor.

Under the Public Policy, Annex A, Note 3, it stated, “For greater certainty, self-employed caregivers or
those who are employed by private households (directly employed by the person receiving care, or by the
family/guardians of the person receiving care) are excluded from this public policy.”
Therefore, you have not demonstrated you met all of the eligibility criteria of the public policy. As a
result, the application is refused."

I know a lot of people who worked as an independent contractor and also got their COPR.

i just don't understand. first they sent Procedural fairness letter about my PSW Diploma, i sent them all the evidence.
now is another thing again.
This is crazy, I think there's a form to appeal the decision, you can talk to a lawyer.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
So after submitting a response on the Procedural fairness letter. They decided not to make me inadmissible for misrepretation.
But the officer still refused the application on a different reason saying the following:

"You submitted a letter from xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx The letter stated you have worked xxxx hours
as a Personal Support Worker. However, I noted xxxxxxxxxxxxx did not make any Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance or
Income Tax deductions on your monthly pay. It appears you have worked as a self-employed/independent contractor.

Under the Public Policy, Annex A, Note 3, it stated, “For greater certainty, self-employed caregivers or
those who are employed by private households (directly employed by the person receiving care, or by the
family/guardians of the person receiving care) are excluded from this public policy.”
Therefore, you have not demonstrated you met all of the eligibility criteria of the public policy. As a
result, the application is refused."

I know a lot of people who worked as an independent contractor and also got their COPR.

i just don't understand. first they sent Procedural fairness letter about my PSW Diploma, i sent them all the evidence.
now is another thing again.
Why did your employer not deduct taxes and EI from your income?
You might need a Lawyer or look for someone with similar case that already got COPR and asked what they did to get it.