+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past refusal and change in citizenship

Ricky3290

Jan 23, 2018
Hi there,

I currently live in New Zealand and i am permanent resident here. I applied for trv twice to appear for my dental licensing exam and to take a short course in toronto which was less than six months. Both times my visa was rejected on grounds of insufficient travel history and funds. I am now planning to get my NZ passport next month as my citizenship requirements will be met. For all NZ citizens we need ETA (on arrival)to travel to canada. Now my question is, whether my past refusals on indian passport will affect my Chances of getting eta as they do ask about past refusals. Will appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If they ask about past refusals, you need to tell them, Indian passport or not. It may affect your application, but the NZ passport should be beneficial in the processing.

Reactions: Ricky3290

Kate_Westlake

Jan 18, 2018
You have to apply for ETA before you buy your tickets... And since your past refusals were not based on security concerns, you will have no problem getting an ETA.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You must declare your TRV refusals even if these refusals were on your Indian passport. You must also declare visa refusals/entry denied to any other country (if applicable)

Ricky3290

Jan 23, 2018
You must declare your TRV refusals even if these refusals were on your Indian passport. You must also declare visa refusals/entry denied to any other country (if applicable)
Thanks for your reply. I will surely be transparent with them about my two refusals but do you think this history can affect the chances of getting eta.

Ricky3290

Jan 23, 2018
If they ask about past refusals, you need to tell them, Indian passport or not. It may affect your application, but the NZ passport should be beneficial in the processing.
Thanks so you think there are still chances of getting denied.